Honored Contributor

Ladies who work, what are you wearing now?

We had eight inches of snow last week, and I have tried to stay warm as this week reaches sixty and overcast; not warm, mind you, your teeth just don't chatter! I find myself in black, navy, or brown slacks (grey seems to be of thinner fabric; what's up with that?.). Tops vary in color and then the "soft" jacket. Cartigans aren't cartigans any more! They're often shark bite, poly blend with rushed arms (Karen Kane), or come only three fourths down the back, not a shrug, ...What is that thing?{#emotions_dlg.blink}. Scarves occasionaly for extra "umph".

So, how are you handling this "slide into spring, don't look like a flower wilting in the winter"?!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Ladies who work, what are you wearing now?

OMG...yes this a Winter has been more than dreadful. I have permanent HAT HAIR and I want to wear my shoes instead of boots! For now, I'm not trying any fashionista anything, I want to get to work in one piece and hopefully return without a 2 hr snowy commute home. Just not caring at the moment, LOL!
Respected Contributor

On the worst days - Jag or Talbots corduroys paired with a Linea waist whittling sweater and a Talbots double faced wool short jacket or older Ralph Lauren gray short jacket.

I am so sick of wearing the same boots every day - Born Tessa from Athleta - but I don't want to sacrifice my newer boots, so these are taking the brunt of the slush and salt.

When it warms up a bit, I'll be back into Eileen Fisher wool column dresses and skirts, boots, and tights. I layer sweaters over top of the dresses and when necessary, add a jacket.

Sometimes I'll wear DKNY black skinny jeans with the boots and a Diane von Furstenburg crocheted wool dress, which I purchased oversized to wear as a tunic.

But like everyone else, I am really sick of this winter. I can't wait to ditch the down coats.

Frequent Contributor

I cannot dress casually regardless how bad the weather is so: it's been either black, brown or navy ponte pants from CWC or a skirt with tights and a t-neck sweater (WK usually, warm but not bulky) and a jacket, scarf and jewelry. For boot I have black and brown tall leather snow boots that I live in when it's snowy. I try to keep the salt off but it's been a losing battle in the slush. Today it was beautiful. Almost 50 degrees and sunny. By the weekend more snow. Sigh.
Super Contributor

I have been much more casual than normal. Winter boots tend to make everything look more casual so I have not worn any dressy dresses or silk blouses but rather skirts with turtlenecks, sweaters or cardigans, simple wrap and turtleneck cashmere dresses, narrow pants that tuck into boots that I switch sometimes out for pumps at work worn with knit jacket/sweaters or knit tops. I am ready for spring!

Valued Contributor

eileen fisher ballet neck tunic and ponte knit skinny pants with tory burch quilted kaitlin black ballet flats.

i was able to score the eileen fisher ponte knit pants for 70% off and the ballet flats for half off. the ballet tunic was sadly full price but i had to have it.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Super Contributor

It's so warm and dry here this year. I haven't worn socks and shoes since winter 2011/2012. I wore a trench coat to work one day and wound up forgetting it because it was 80 degrees when I went home. I have turtlenecks and other sweaters that I haven't worn since last winter, either. Please send us some of your moisture.. we're drying up!

Valued Contributor

I've about given up and am lucky I put on anything. {#emotions_dlg.devil2} My issue is that in my new job, I am often "out in the field", so to speak, where it's 40 below, or in my office where my boss keep the temp at around 90 degrees. So for me, it's all about layers and my (bless them) comfy stylish, weatherproof boots. I am, however, ready to burn those boots and my down DKNY black jacket. I am literally dreaming of ballet flats with no socks....sigh.

Esteemed Contributor

Please send some cold this way to Arizona. Yesterday our air conditioner went on a couple of times. Not ready for Summer yet.
Regular Contributor

Jumpers, tights and long sleeve merino wool tops. High heel boots.