Respected Contributor

Re: Ladies who model fashions...

@Gemspiritwrote:
I hear all of you & agree. The models are all lovely. But there are few that have the same real life issues as some of us. Like how your body changes after childbirth, especially a C-Section! And, I also think they make them train so, even the plus size women look toned~especially with all the self tanner being used!!!
I have lost a lot of weight in the past couple of years. So, I try to hone in on one of them that is close to me & go from there. But, it’s still difficult at times. I have an hourglass figure but still have the belly pooch & sagging excess skin on my hips. Unless I have a tummy tuck it will always be there.
I’d love to see more true size 10/12 models. It seems they go from XXS to 1X with no in between.
Come on QVC ~ listen to your customers!

I don't think this is true -- there are quite a few models these days who wear sizes small and medium.

Contributor

I agree with many here. 

1)  The models are not larger than 1X but many off them are pear shaped, having thick legs too. (see #4)  I would like to see models who are XL but not pear shaped.

2)  There are a few Medium sized models here and there but the vast majority are XXS to XS.

3)  I am larger on top than bottom, I am an apple shape and have a tummy that I like to camoflage and broad athletic shoulders but I have a smallish butt and thinnish legs, I see NO models on QVC that look like me!

4)  I do not wear my clothing skin tight, I like comfort and some room to move / stretch. I wear a 14 /16 pants but I believe I look SMALLER from the waist down than Carolyn (host) and Pam (model) who wear 16 pant! My legs are much thinner than Pam's and just this week I saw a newer model who stated twice that she was wearing a 16 pant yet she looked much bigger than me, another newer model stated twice she was in a size 2 pant, same as Kate and Renee Greenstein on air who are much thinner!! Are some of them fibbing about the real pant size?!? It's confusing.

Honored Contributor

I read an article somewhere, where designers are finally using models of all heights and sizes because that's what the customer wants. Of course, they don't use petites or plus size models on the run way to my knowledge, but the average gal isn't buying designer clothes from high priced designers, at least I'm not. As a petite woman 5ft3 size small and a proportionate petite, I want to see a petite model in that size. If you are a true petite figure there is no way a regular size blouse or pants will fit you properly. I think the only way Amy Stran gets away with regular size items is because she wears the smallest size and those clothes are cut smaller and shorter all the way around. AS also wears 5 inch heels. QVC should not be showing us smoke and mirrors to sell clothes. Make the clothes the right size and give us models who represent us and actually know how to model instead of just standing like a statue.

Esteemed Contributor

The ladies are models.  They look good and customers buy because they think they will look like them.  Same with the beauty shows.  They use gals with beautiful skin applied by an artist .

Occasional Contributor

I agree the models  on qvc are not porportion rather small or extra large. Two models that are 1x in size can look entirely different in the same top, the model that looks better in the top should be showing the top. It makes sense.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In the past year I have tuned in to actually watch the models, I have turned off the shows immediately. Rarely is there a model which would inspire me to buy anything. I am old school and models should be aspirational making a viewer really want to purchase something. I have seen some models that the Q has hired lately that really need lessons on how to walk and display the clothing to its advantage.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All models no matter big or small have to have rectangular bodies of "banana" (slang for rectangle)   That means their bodies must be proportion.  Neither high wast or low waist.  Thighs and calves the same length. As little curves as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvOzyd_Np50

Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

All models no matter big or small have to have rectangular bodies of "banana" (slang for rectangle)   That means their bodies must be proportion.  Neither high wast or low waist.  Thighs and calves the same length. As little curves as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvOzyd_Np50

Perhaps in some modeling areas, but I don't think that's true on the Q. There is a variety of body types among the many sizes represented.

Honored Contributor

I think that whoever is dressing the models needs some help.  

kindness is strength
Contributor

I just re-watched the video for my favorite jeans on QVC, the Martha Stewart Patchwork jeans and had to comment again on the models' sizes.

I own several pair of MS jeans in size 16 (form fitting on me) but I find her waistbands run small so for my 4 pair of patchwork jeans I got size 18 which is roomy but after washing and partially drying in dryer, are very comfortable. Once in while I need to hike them up but they are not super loose.

One model told Leah Williams she was in a size 16 (gray patchwork jeans) and I was shocked! Her hips and bum and thighs (and realy entire leg) are much bigger than mine and I wear these pants in an 18!!! Leah was in a 12 and next to this model you'd never guess they were only 2 pant sizes apart.

WHAT GIVES?? These particular jeans have slim cut legs and I don't think the legs on a 16 could stretch that much. Not being mean, just honest..... unless the camera adds 30 pounds, something isn't right or honest here!