Super Contributor

Re: Ladies who model fashions...

I so agree with you. About the models modeling the clothes, not their hair.  I remember that older short haired lady.  Qvc is selling clothes on TV. not a catalog.  Have the models turn around, button/unbutton a jacket show us the garment, how does it move, what does the back look like.  You got to see the garment, some will buy sight unseen, but I've got to see it.   Rant over.  thank you.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltreewrote:

I did notice this morning that QVC seems to be using "real women with real bodies" and not just the professional models.  As for who looks good in the clothing, that's subjective and only your personal opinion and obviously biased against plus size women.  If using real women with real bodies who wear the larger sizes results in more sales....the designers will jump for joy as they count their money.  

@chrystaltree  I am not biased against plus-sized women as, until recently, I had been plus-sized most of my life.  I just think that since the objective is to sell clothing, they should be shown on people who present them well, no matter what size they are.  I think Maria models larger clothing beautifully.  Her body is well-proportioned and they always seem to place her in the proper size and she seems comfortable in what she is wearing...most of the time.  This is completely my opinion and I never implied that I was speaking for the masses.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedgewrote:

Interesting  @151949. That was the old guideline I grew up with too.

But I've seen more than one designer make a point of talking about how the shoulder seam has been intentionally placed inward a bit. More flattering shape.

@x Hedge @151949

I've seen that designer ...  and from my point of view it's just an excuse for a poor fit.  You can tell by the shape and fit of the sleeve cap that it doesn't fit the model!

Frequent Contributor

I agree with most of the posters.  QVC should hire new professional stylists.  Some of the garments are way too tight and are not flattering in the least.  Also some of those hairstyles are very distracting.  In some cases all you see is the hair and not the outfits.

Honored Contributor

@Trudey  I have no idea how they select the models for modeling the clothes for a certain program.  Today I saw a petite model with a regular size blouse that was so long that I thought she was wearing a dress.  It looked ridiculous.  Heck, all the models look horrible in Logo and it still sells.  Cat Tongue

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

@chrystaltreewrote:

I did notice this morning that QVC seems to be using "real women with real bodies" and not just the professional models.  As for who looks good in the clothing, that's subjective and only your personal opinion and obviously biased against plus size women.  If using real women with real bodies who wear the larger sizes results in more sales....the designers will jump for joy as they count their money.  

The professional models are ALSO "real women" with "real bodies.

Frequent Contributor

I know it's not the models doing, they are all lovely, but it drives me crazy when showing a sleeveless tank, they cover it with a jacket, sweater. Then they don't take the jacket off so we can see how it actually fits at the armhole. Which is what we really want to see before ordering. 

Trusted Contributor

I’ve noticed several models who look like they just grabbed them off the street. Then there are beautiful plus size models. There are some plus-size and petite models who don’t look very good. I sometimes think they’re just relatives of staff. It isn’t fair to the vendors. You don’t have to be beautiful but you should know how to be a model who wears clothing well and is well coiffed and made up. The stylists behind the scenes are not that good either.
Trusted Contributor

Wearing jackets over tops drives me crazy too. It’s stupid. I love when Isaac says “ take that jacket off”
Valued Contributor

I hear all of you & agree. The models are all lovely. But there are few that have the same real life issues as some of us. Like how your body changes after childbirth, especially a C-Section! And, I also think they make them train so, even the plus size women look toned~especially with all the self tanner being used!!!
I have lost a lot of weight in the past couple of years. So, I try to hone in on one of them that is close to me & go from there. But, it’s still difficult at times. I have an hourglass figure but still have the belly pooch & sagging excess skin on my hips. Unless I have a tummy tuck it will always be there.
I’d love to see more true size 10/12 models. It seems they go from XXS to 1X with no in between.
Come on QVC ~ listen to your customers!