Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Ladies who model fashions...

[ Edited ]

@Trudeywrote:

I certainly understand the need to show clothing on women who are different sizes and different body types, but all models should be able to present the clothing well.  I've noticed that there are more models who just don't look good in the clothing being presented.  I think that the models should be well-proprtioned (whether XXS or 3X), so that the clothing looks it's best.  It doesn't seem fair to the Vendor when models are chosen who just don't show the clothes well.

@TrudeyI couldn't agree more, I've thought the very same thing.  Some people just can't wear cloths, dosn't matter how big or small they are nor where they buy them or how much they spend on them the minute they put them on they look all wrong and others can take a potato sack, cut holes out for the head and arms slip it on and look like a million bucks.  It's just how it is and lately QVC has a couple of models that just don't wear clothing well and sad to say no stylist in the world can do a thing to change that.

Respected Contributor

@handygal2wrote:

I also agree that the stylists could do a much better job. I sometimes think l could do a better job, lol.

Re: the models, l think QVC has a higher caliber of models than both HSN and Evine.

At least Evine has a couple of models who are 1X. They even had a woman in size 2X model one time. QVC for some reason shies away from not using models above an XL. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did notice this morning that QVC seems to be using "real women with real bodies" and not just the professional models.  As for who looks good in the clothing, that's subjective and only your personal opinion and obviously biased against plus size women.  If using real women with real bodies who wear the larger sizes results in more sales....the designers will jump for joy as they count their money.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cumbercookie13wrote:

@handygal2wrote:

I also agree that the stylists could do a much better job. I sometimes think l could do a better job, lol.

Re: the models, l think QVC has a higher caliber of models than both HSN and Evine.

At least Evine has a couple of models who are 1X. They even had a woman in size 2X model one time. QVC for some reason shies away from not using models above an XL. 

I have seen 1X models on QVC, but never larger than that. For example, I think the redhead Jessica, who is seen fairly frequently, is a 1X. There are others, as well.

(Edited to correct the name of the model.)

Honored Contributor

IMO the models are A-OK.  Whoever dresses them is to blame.  A lot of the clothing items are too small for even the thinest gal.  I also think some of combinations that are put together are not very complimentary to each other.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Since QVC never puts the proper size on the models I see no point in having them at all.If the shoulder seams of the top are not out at the end of the shoulder - the top is not properly fit.What is the point. And don't even get me started on those super tight pants Renee Greenstein brings. 

Esteemed Contributor

Interesting  @151949. That was the old guideline I grew up with too.

But I've seen more than one designer make a point of talking about how the shoulder seam has been intentionally placed inward a bit. More flattering shape.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think QVC needs to use more petite models who are more curvy/ pear shaped.It’s hard to translate how something will look on me when the models are tall & thin or petite & thin.

I also have short arms .I feel like they need to show how long sleeves can be worn on short arms.Not all long sleeves look good cuffed or pushed up on short arms.

They also need to improve their sizing.If they tell you to order your QVC size then it should fit!! Sizing seems to be all over the place.I’m a XS but because of inconsistent sizing I’ve had to exchange items for XXS or small!!

Honored Contributor

@handygal2wrote:

@handygal2

I agree wholehearedly with your first statement but I can't with the second; especially since I've seen what a good model can do (yet I haven't seen her in ages!) I realize how ineffectual the majority really are... (unless you're just judging looks but I'm not going to go there)

There was an older (at least in her 60s) model with short hair. She would roll up sleeves, turn and show where the garments hit in the back, tuck in to illustrate the waist, unbutton a buttoned up jacket (or visa versa), etc. And 'no' she wasn't in constant motion but she actually showed the pieces! I've yet to see anyone else do as much.

The styling aspect is a joke and borderline offensive! Have you seen what they put poor Pam in?? There's no hiding her size but don't insult her with your choices!

Honored Contributor

There are a couple of models who have disproportionately  large legs.  Regular straight leg (not skinny pants) are so tight on them that they look uncomfortable.  Having them model pants is counter productive.  Few women would chose to buy pants that look so awful on a model.  I think a model, who sees herself on the monitors, would be embarrassed to appear in such unflattering clothing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment