Respected Contributor

Ladies who model fashions...

I certainly understand the need to show clothing on women who are different sizes and different body types, but all models should be able to present the clothing well.  I've noticed that there are more models who just don't look good in the clothing being presented.  I think that the models should be well-proprtioned (whether XXS or 3X), so that the clothing looks it's best.  It doesn't seem fair to the Vendor when models are chosen who just don't show the clothes well.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ladies who model fashions...

I think the stylists could do a much better job also.  I couldn't believe it when they sent out a model and a cute red skirt (wth ruffled detail) and a shocking pink top!  It hurt my eyes!  Some pinks and reds do OK together, but not that one!

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

While I do think that maybe at times the clothing could be styled a bit better, I also think that the majority of those that buy clothing (anywhere for that matter) do not have model perfectly perportioned figures and the clothing should be shown on many different sizes.  To show only  perfect models would be a great injustice to those of us who aren't as perfect and like to see models with bodies similar to ours.  

I have never noticed models wearing  "pants so tight, that we could be their gynecologists".  

Honored Contributor

I also agree that the stylists could do a much better job. I sometimes think l could do a better job, lol.

Re: the models, l think QVC has a higher caliber of models than both HSN and Evine.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

@Trudeywrote:

I certainly understand the need to show clothing on women who are different sizes and different body types, but all models should be able to present the clothing well.  I've noticed that there are more models who just don't look good in the clothing being presented.  I think that the models should be well-proprtioned (whether XXS or 3X), so that the clothing looks it's best.  It doesn't seem fair to the Vendor when models are chosen who just don't show the clothes well.

On the other hand, if you have a body type like one of those models, then you know how the clothing items will look on you, good or bad.  You could avoid a $10 try on fee that way.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

hmmm I don't think I agree....I think the average woman isn't perfectly portioned.  I am not....I am hourglass but still a few inches bigger in the hips then the chest.  Also I am 5' 4" nowhere near many of the models in height.  

I think it's helpful to see things on ladies with apple shape/pear shape and so on and varying weights/heights.  I find that actually more helpful if I am considering buying an item.  

But I have to stop that as I have had to send back to many items.

Respected Contributor

oh just had another thought....sometimes the fit of the garment is just wrong and you can easily see that on models too!  That can help save you a return.

Honored Contributor

@tsavoritewrote:

oh just had another thought....sometimes the fit of the garment is just wrong and you can easily see that on models too!  That can help save you a return.

@tsavorite

From the shows that I've seen ... the clothes on the models is almost always too small.  You should NOT see creases from stress/stretch on the clothing through the shoulders, bust and upper arms.  Coats, jackets and sweaters should be able to be buttoned.   There's a difference between "fitting" and "too tight."

Forget about the tight pants  ... that's another story.

Honored Contributor

@Trudey  I agree with you and, just to elaborate a bit, the clothing should fit the models properly.  If the model's regular size doesn't fit correctly, give her the size that does, and mention that fact on the air so people will order their own sizes accordingly.

Most notable to me (since it's the only QVC show I watch):  Beautiful model Jackie consistently in LOGO clothes that are too tight for her. She often needs to size up on top for the clothes to fit her better.