Respected Contributor

Hello,

I was looking at a few picutres from today media coverage of the queens trip to Westminster.  I noticed something with Meghan I havent seen in a while.  She had gloves!  I love having gloves for dressey events.  I still carry them to church and funerals.  I have several pair from my mom which adore.  I feel super grownup when I wear them.  Just curious...how many of you, my friends, still wear gloves for dress?  Please dont turn this into a Meghan bashing post, I just want to see everyones answer.

Respected Contributor

I have a glove collection.

They are in colors and mostly cotton. Many years ago, I had pigskin driving gloves and leather gloves with warm linings.

I use  a few for summer and the rest I use any time of year.

I coordinate them to what I am wearing that day.

Some of my friends  keep their eyes open at garage sales and gift me.

Esteemed Contributor

Except to keep my hands warm, I haven't worn gloves for 55 years.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't had traditional white cotton gloves since I was  teen.

Never owned any lace gloves but I do have black leather over the wrist dress gloves for winter. I got them on an after Christmas clearance at Dillards.

Now ask me about the oversized lace trimmed hankies I got on Etsy.....white, black, red. For a Scarlet O hara moment. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Flatbush @How cool! 

Respected Contributor

@Snowpuppynow that's fun!  When you have that moment no doubt you'll be ready!

Honored Contributor

I refused to wear them when I was a kid and the one time my mother made me - well they were quite dirty in a few minutes!  Just cannot figure out why they were worn back then. 

Respected Contributor

Oh my goodness...gloves.  I haven't thought about gloves in so long.  As a child of the '60's, I wore gloves to church and they were also a part of our Girl Scout uniform.  I can't really remember when my Mom and I stopped wearing them - I guess as a young teen? Cool memory - thanks!

Respected Contributor

In the 60's most everyone wore white gloves to church and long over the elbow gloves to formal dances. Now I only wear gloves in cold weather.

The last time that I wore white cotton gloves was a few years ago when I dressed up as a black and white cat for a Halloween party. 

Honored Contributor

I grew up in the ladies wear gloves era, so I had many at one time.  Now most of what I have are more for warmth than dress while the others I donated to local theater or singing groups.