Honored Contributor

Re: Ladies do you have a certain amount set aside to spend on spring and winter clothes each year?

No, I've never had a set amount. I spent a lot of money on clothing and shoes when I was working --- way too much.  People always told me when you retire you will see how much your shopping habits change, etc.  How true!  I still love to shop and love getting new things, but find that my desire has dropped off.  No point in buying all this stuff when I don't go any where much now.  I will be shopping more for sleepwear and lounging items!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: Ladies do you have a certain amount set aside to spend on spring and winter clothes each year?

Nope

Respected Contributor

I do not have a budget, but I try to limit myself to five fall/winter items and ten spring/summer items.  I have already bought my limit for the fall (yikes!) because I have a thing for AS98 shoes and Peruvian Connection knits, and those are the only things that really interest me enough these days to add to my already overstocked wardrobe.

Respected Contributor

No. If I like it and feel that it fits with the rest of my wardrobe, I buy it. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

No budget for me.  I always have a hard time finding clothes that I like and that fit properly.  When I do, I buy it.  My clothes are usally considered classic so I can wear them for a long time.

Honored Contributor

No not really. I never go crazy buying new the seasons clothes, but do buy a few pieces that are current. I also donate as many old things as new things. 

Honored Contributor

@mac116 wrote:

No real budget, but I have way too many clothes.  My weight fluctuates a lot.  I can go from a size 12 to a size 16 in the blink of an eye.  In the past, I donated a lot of clothes when I slimmed down, only to have to rebuy in 6 months. Now I keep 3 sizes...some things in bins.  I am REALLY working on maintaining my weight, but it is super difficult for me.

@mac116 

My weight also fluctuates a lot so I am always buying new clothes, especially pants & jeans. In the last 5 years I have been up and down 35 pounds due to medical issues. So tired of buying new, and then a few months later the pants are either too big or too small. Going through that now. This time instead of getting rid of the ones that don’t fit, I am holding on to them. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

no, never have......

i do generally spend more on fall/winter/spring clothes that can be worn three seasons than for summer clothes.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I am a complete impulse buyer.   I don't know what I spend and I don't want to.  No, its not THAT bad.  Very small closet keeps me somewhat in line.

Esteemed Contributor

No, nothing set aside.  I know what I need and what I don't need, so shop wisely.  Plus, I clean closets when the seasons change and donate clothing to Goodwill and Rescue Mission.   Always need a replacement or two (that's my story and I'm sticking to it).

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt