Trusted Contributor

Ladies do you have a certain amount set aside to spend on spring and winter clothes each year?

I was just curious to see how much us ladies spend on clothing each year whether it be at QVC or any other stores. Thanks in advance for divulging!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Ladies do you have a certain amount set aside to spend on spring and winter clothes each year?

I don't have a budgeted dollar amount because I already have so much "stuff" to wear (and I am not very fashion minded - I go for comfort & ease).  I just buy what I really need or something that tempts me. So far this year I bought a couple pairs of pants and 4 tees...nothing expensive.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

Re: Ladies do you have a certain amount set aside to spend on spring and winter clothes each year?

No.  I either LOVE or don't and get it or walk away.  I don't often replace the best loved pieces because I never see equals.

I would add that I don't have an advantage of having a Nordstroms here.  If I did, I might work there if I didn't have to do heavy lifting!

Honored Contributor

I'm retired so I don't need much. Probably just need to refresh my sock inventory. But mostly I wear things until they get old and not good to wear out in public, then I'll go shopping.

Honored Contributor

I don’t, b/c l don’t WANT to know. If l kept track of all of my fashion spending, I’m sure it would be a rude awakening!

But l consider myself a smart shopper, and only buy items that l think are a good value. l probably have more clothes than l need, though. Lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

No

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I buy more clothes than  I need as I’m retired. I’m getting better about cutting down on unnecessary purchases, but I also stay on a budget so I don’t worry about it much.  What does give me pause is my shoe collection. I have donated a bunch, but I really haven’t made a dent, baby steps. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I buy more clothes than  I need as I’m retired. I’m getting better about cutting down on unnecessary purchases, but I also stay on a budget so I don’t worry about it much.  What does give me pause is my shoe collection. I have donated a bunch, but I really haven’t made a dent, baby steps. 

@QVCkitty1 Sweetie, whatever makes you happy.  If shoes are your passion, enjoy!Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Because I am retired, I do not need much. Coats (I live in the NE), boots, sweaters, etc. will last a long time. The same is true for jackets, purses, umbrellas, “ nice clothes, jeans, etc. I do replenish about four tops a year in Spring/Summer. I also replenish underwear, socks, and shoes.  I did buy pajamas last year. And I bought “ beach pants” this year.  Do I have a budget?  Hmm—not specifically. If I need something, I will get it. I will not spend more than $50 on a QVC top. If something calls my name and costs too much, I will stalk “ as is” or clearance items.  

I have spent the last two years purging ( and I still have way too much), so I now weigh needs and wants.  I probably spent about $300 in the last 12 months on clothes for myself. Of course, I do buy gifts for family members’ and friends’ birthdays and for holidays, I love to cook and eat, and I need very expensive meds.  So, I do spend money. 

Honored Contributor

No.  I don't do a lot of other things so clothing/shoes (and beauty items) are my enjoyment.  Problem is I already have too many clothing items, etc.   I always buy on sale and I'm good about returning something that I feel isn't a good fit, etc.  I have way too many clothes for my current lifestyle which doesn't include much in the way of going out.  I also have donated a lot of shoes in the last couple of years since I felt some had heels that were too high for me at this time in my life.