Contributor

And QVC is using models in wheelchairs and one has a limb partially missing. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Lack of models

[ Edited ]

@lilywhite wrote:

And QVC is using models in wheelchairs and one has a limb partially missing. 

This is not being critical of your post, however, I thought it might be helpful to note that the term should be a person with disabilities or people with disabilities, as the person always comes first. 

Contributor

I know but I didn't say that because I know some don't like that term.  Some say disadvantaged.  It's hard to know what words to use these days. 

Trusted Contributor
I agree with the poster. They used to have at least 3 models for every presentation of various heights and weight. How about some average size Medium models?? Seems it's either xx small or plus size.
Honored Contributor

QVC  chooses to use so many models with badly disproportionate figures, I don't know how anyone can relate to them or find their appearances helpful.  I dont pay much attention to the models and go right to the garment measurements.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have seen closeups of models where their shapewear garments are showing thru the fabric of their clothing...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I don't watch QVC very much but when they had the spring fashions recently, I did notice the lack of plus size models.  What happened to all those 1x to 3x models they had a while ago.  They seem to have disappeared.  And they do seem to be relying on the hosts and female vendors/designers to model.

Trusted Contributor

@Kath2745 In all honesty, how can you judge by models only for your purchases? There isn't one model that appears to have my exact measurements. I never purchase solely by what a model looks like on the item I am considering purchasing.

I am petite and fairly small, XXS, XS or a Small. To me, it seems like the models are always a plus size. Rarely is there a petite model.

Follow the advice from  @Kachina624 and @RoughDraft and @SilleeMee and @d kay. Measure yourself honestly and then check the actual garment measurements. This really will be your best reference. 

Super Contributor
I don’t refer to the models just for sizing, I like to see how the garment falls on the body, how it flows.
One of my pet peeves is when they don’t model the garment at all. They talk through the whole presentation but it’s just displayed on the hanger, that doesn’t help me at all. I don’t care what size the model is just have one.
Honored Contributor

@nelc wrote:
I don’t refer to the models just for sizing, I like to see how the garment falls on the body, how it flows.
One of my pet peeves is when they don’t model the garment at all. They talk through the whole presentation but it’s just displayed on the hanger, that doesn’t help me at all. I don’t care what size the model is just have one.

@nelc.  That is only likely to happen on Q2 which is sort of a low budget operation.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment