Esteemed Contributor

Re: LRinna has a live audience show??

@september wrote:

@Betzy wrote:

No filter that I know of. I'm just a retired teacher from South Jersey.  Lisa did stay after the show for an impromptu meet and greet even though the ladies who are in charge of the audience shows said she would not have the time because of the TSV airing at noon.  

It was very enjoyable.

How is it that you heard of this show, and did you have to pay any fees to be there? 

I don't live anywhere close to QVC...have no idea how they do their live shows.  

The live shows are listed on the Q website under 'audience and events'  -  I saw Lisa's  live show posted a while ago. It's no mystery how a retired person from South Jersey (less than an hour from Studio Park) would attend the show! I'm in Central  Jersey and would have gone if work wasn't crazy busy in July.

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I did have to laugh at the one brief thing I saw during today's live show.  She took one of the tops they were selling and walked into the audience, asking for a volunteer to try it on.

An "average-sized" woman put her hand up and Lisa said "What size are you?"  Then, looking at the garment, said "It's an extra-extra small."  OOPS!  Clearly not going to fit the volunteer, so she had to get that young, much smaller woman to try it on, marched her onstage and then told her she could keep it.

I felt bad for the first woman, because I thought it must've been embarrassing to have put her hand up and then be told it wouldn't fit her.  (They should've given her one in her size as a goodwill gesture.  I wonder if the younger woman really got to keep it?)

The show's producer should have told her in her earpiece to select someone smaller -  they would know the sample sizes in the presentations!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Melania wrote:

Wow...How do the filter the guests from not letting her have it?

The Q has some chutzpah!

So obvious, Qvc trying to get LR clothes sold. Not long Lisa who?!? 😉

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

I did have to laugh at the one brief thing I saw during today's live show.  She took one of the tops they were selling and walked into the audience, asking for a volunteer to try it on.

An "average-sized" woman put her hand up and Lisa said "What size are you?"  Then, looking at the garment, said "It's an extra-extra small."  OOPS!  Clearly not going to fit the volunteer, so she had to get that young, much smaller woman to try it on, marched her onstage and then told her she could keep it.

I felt bad for the first woman, because I thought it must've been embarrassing to have put her hand up and then be told it wouldn't fit her.  (They should've given her one in her size as a goodwill gesture.  I wonder if the younger woman really got to keep it?)

The show's producer should have told her in her earpiece to select someone smaller -  they would know the sample sizes in the presentations!

I don't think they would've been able to.  They weren't expecting her to go off into the audience; she just suddenly walked off camera and the host said "Oh...she's going into the audience!"  They had no idea what she was doing.

Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

Don't feel sorry for the woman, she was given a sweater along with every other woman who tried one on during the live show.  All other attendees including myself, were given a beautiful scarf.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@MomCat wrote:

Do any of you get the impression that you are in the minority on your opinion of this woman?  I agree this is not a personality I would like to have anything to do with, but there are many who are able to ignore the pettiness in these people.  Personally, I would never buy what a "celebrity" is selling, so nothing she says or does has any affect on ME.

No.

@MomCat  Yes ma'am!

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

I am not over weight, (would like to be a tad more trim), but I wouldn't buy anything after what she said!

@ECBG  ...

If you play the video( at about the 5:40 minute mark) of the striped dress with shark-bit hem ... take a look at the  number of those who are overweight  in the audience ... looks like they stacked the deck with fat people. (Not making fun of them, just an observation.   I'm no shrinking violet, myself ...)

And she's (Rinna) clapping for them!   Another reality show ...

A stacked audience maybe?

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Betzy wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

Don't feel sorry for the woman, she was given a sweater along with every other woman who tried one on during the live show.  All other attendees including myself, were given a beautiful scarf.

That's good to know.  I certainly hope the first woman got a sweater, not just a scarf.  (And I saw her face clearly on the TV and she did look embarrassed, as I think any of us would, at what happened.)

Glad you enjoyed your visit!

Honored Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Lisa keeps commenting how cold she always is...... WELL MAYBE IF SHE ATE SOMETHING AND HAD A BIT OF BODY FAT ON HER SKINNY BODY... she would not need to wear a sweater in the middle of Summer and 105 degree temps with high humidity.

How is this comment any different from the comments she made? Maybe comments like this made her snap.

They aren't any different.  They are both equally as rude.

Honored Contributor

I don't and wouldn't buy anything from the LR line because of her comments and views on women and no doubt people in general who do not have her kind of resources and will power to maintain themselves.People who have her kind of resources do not have a clue what it's like for the average working person to maintain a good quality of life. If she can get the QVC customer to buy her line I'm sure she will do and say anything to make that happen.