Esteemed Contributor

LOrd and Taylor website is the worst I have ever tried to order on.

I have ordered or tried to order multiple times on their website and almost always encounter problems.  USually it involves ordering something in a certain size or color which is shown on the site as available only to get a E Mail a week to 10 days later that they don't have the item.  I have had my eye on a purse and got a coupon for their latest sale offering 30% off on almost everything so I ordered the item and when I put the coupon code in it would not accept it.  I very carefully checked the list of brands excluded from the coupon and the brand for the purse was not shown nor was it a special value item which was also excluded.  I called customer service and the CSR could not understand why the discount code would not take so she entered the order manually with the discount.  SHe advised me I,would be receiving a E Mail confirming my order.  No E Mail received so now I have to call again.  SEriously for a name like Lord and Taylor I expect a lot more from them then the awful ordering process on their web site.

Honored Contributor

Re: LOrd and Taylor website is the worst I have ever tried to order on.

Oh I buy a lot on L&T website without any problems. I've been on a kick with a certain brand that L&T carries so I've place quite a few orders this year so far. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I agree with OP.  At the very least, the website is slow and not user friendly.  Too bad because I like L&T, do not have a store near me and would order more items but it's too frustrating.

Honored Contributor

I haven't had any problems with L&T lately.

I've heard the same complaint about Macy's.

I wonder if it's a popular size where this happens more frequently.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

I have ordered or tried to order multiple times on their website and almost always encounter problems.  USually it involves ordering something in a certain size or color which is shown on the site as available only to get a E Mail a week to 10 days later that they don't have the item.  I have had my eye on a purse and got a coupon for their latest sale offering 30% off on almost everything so I ordered the item and when I put the coupon code in it would not accept it.  I very carefully checked the list of brands excluded from the coupon and the brand for the purse was not shown nor was it a special value item which was also excluded.  I called customer service and the CSR could not understand why the discount code would not take so she entered the order manually with the discount.  SHe advised me I,would be receiving a E Mail confirming my order.  No E Mail received so now I have to call again.  SEriously for a name like Lord and Taylor I expect a lot more from them then the awful ordering process on their web site.

I actually tried to Order from  L& T a couple weeks ago...I went to order a pair of dress pants ....i had received a VISA gift card and decided to use it for my order.....I went through the whole process to order and when i went to click on "place order" it froze and said the order would not go through.................I knew i had entered the VISA gift card info in the order and wanted to know why the order didn't go through and also to make sure the VISA gift card wasn't considered used.....so i called Customer Service and spoke to the representative who explained to me that L& T does not accept "gift cards" ( i guess they only accept their own)...................i asked why they don't explain that BEFORE you enter all your info , product info and card information...............he said to me "yes we really should".............worst thing was it processed enough of the order to submit to VISA who put the purchase down as "pending"...................even though no

order was put through/approved.............I had to wait almost  1  1/2 weeks for the card to finally be cleared by L& T and Visa before i got all my credit back...................  That was my first experience dealing with L& T....not sure if i will attempt to order something in the future...

Honored Contributor

I order from L&T frequently without any fuss.

Last year I did have a problem with an order.  Instead of receiving the style I ordered, I received a different style from the same brand.  I called CS and they issued a will call and reordered the items for me.  Again I received the wrong style.  I said I thought they had the item numbers mixed up.  She practically begged me to allow her to order the items again.  Wrong again.

I seriously doubt they ever fixed the problem.

It's been almost a year, and the items are still on their website at a huge discount.

Esteemed Contributor

I have not shopped on L&T 's website but I have shopped on their Canadian counterpart's Hudson's Bay website. I have had a few problems like when their website crashes when they offer free shipping but for the most part I've been lucky. There can be price differences in store and online too and HBC does not give you a lower price instore if it's cheaper on their website. Their search engine is clunky too and I just go to the Brands page to pull up the brand I want to look at like shoes.

I am buying less from Hudson's Bay because of their high prices in store and their poor selection too. They brought in clothes for millennials - who do not buy clothes there -- and shoved clothing for anyone older into the back of the store. The inside of the store has not been remodeled in years and I always notice the dingy carpets and dirty dressing rooms in that store.

Respected Contributor

I've had problems with them too, but they never were as bad as Macy's.

Esteemed Contributor

I tried to order from them once.  Order didn't get processed but I can't remember why.  I just gave up and didn't go back.

Honored Contributor

I've ordered from their website in the past and without any problems; received the correct order all the time. Guess I was lucky.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼