Honored Contributor

I honestly don't care what anyone wears... I just don't like the feel of the squishy wishy or ultra thin fabrics.  They make me feel un-cared for, messy and sloppy.  I just can't get used to them even at home.  I still love my old-fashioned fleece robes for lounging and jeans, a sweatshirt or shirt, my 10 year old Harley Davidson boots or sneakers or my Keen sandals.  It's just how feel about it.... everyone else can do what they want... Woman LOL 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Guess no mirrors in some houses.

LOL I this is exactly what I thought to myself the last time I was at the DMV. OMG

Trusted Contributor

I also do not understand the thinking of some women.  They say their lives are busy and dressing takes to much time.  PJs are 2 pieces of clothing as are a top and jeans, sweater and slacks, etc.   They wash their face and brush their teeth take 2 more minutes for moisturizer and a little color of your choice.  Who knows you might run into George Clooney ( for my childhood Clark Gable or Jeffrey Hunter- beautiful eyes) in the grocery store.  Do you want to have your old high school heart throb see you like that?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I would never wear pajama type clothing out in public, but "athletic wear" was also mentioned.  Yes I do wear clean workout clothing to do errands.  some of us really are on our way to yoga or some other type of workout!  

Honored Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

I also do not understand the thinking of some women.  They say their lives are busy and dressing takes to much time.  PJs are 2 pieces of clothing as are a top and jeans, sweater and slacks, etc.   They wash their face and brush their teeth take 2 more minutes for moisturizer and a little color of your choice.  Who knows you might run into George Clooney ( for my childhood Clark Gable or Jeffrey Hunter- beautiful eyes) in the grocery store.  Do you want to have your old high school heart throb see you like that?

@Gram WClark Gable!!!  I fell in love with him when I was in high school!

Image result for rhett kissing scarlett

Respected Contributor

What's even worse in my mind is that these same women go to bed in those outfits.

Trusted Contributor

When I first started noticing this trend, we were at lunch in a college town so I thought it was just the young kids out for a snack being very casual. Now I see it almost every day that I'm out. Used to work part-time in my local library & had to pretty much not stare in open-jawed wonder whenever people walked in the door in the middle of the day in their PJs. (Though I have to say, things are much worse in warmer weather when females come in with "the girls" falling out of the little tiny bits of fabric they were stashed in). I'm really afraid for what the young ones are being taught by this kind of behavior. Rant over.

Respected Contributor

Pj wear in public....don't get me started on this!! I think they have no pride in themselves, they could be called lazy. Oh there are just so many things I can say about it. Don't get me wrong- I don't always look my best, but I am dressed in "street" clothing, not bed clothing. It's just plain ridicilous to me. 

Honored Contributor

Re: LOUNGE WEAR EVERYWHERE?

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

I totally agree,  I went mall shoppin (which I rarely do) with a couple of friends and then we went to nice restaurant for our New Year's lunch.  It wasn't a chain restaurant, just a very nice "real" restaurant.  I've been jeans/sweater/boots girl for a long tine now.  That's casual dress for me and that's what I wore today.  My friends who are 60ish were dressed similarly.  I was a bit surprised by all the workout wear and pamjama-like leisure attire.  Not just in the mall but also at lunch.  Call me a dinosaur but I'd rather be too dressed up than go out in public looking like I'm at a spin class or looking like I just got out of bed.  It's just not me.  I like dressing up, I like looking nice.  I can do it and still be comfortable. 

I wear nice workout wear--I looked pulled together and usually wear Lululemon.  Not all workout wear is sloppy.  Mine certainly isn't.

I wear this--have it in several colors--pair it with their jet pants!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@winamac1  Don't mean to offend, but IMO, from waist up, the photo is fine. The bottoms make it look like gym wear. I'd wear jeans to be more appropriate for restaurants, etc. It doesn't matter if LULUMON...being more expensive still is workout wear.