Super Contributor

Re: LORI, YOU HAVE OUTPRICED YOURSELF...I'LL SHOP ZULILY.COM - SAME STYLES AND LESS EXPENSIVE

On 3/11/2015 traveler said:

Do you have to join zulily by giving email, just to look?

I think I did give my email the first time that I browsed there. It hasn't been a problem. They email me in the am to tell me who/what they are featuring for the day. There is no fee to look, and you can opt out of their mailings at any time.

Respected Contributor

Re: LORI, YOU HAVE OUTPRICED YOURSELF...I'LL SHOP ZULILY.COM - SAME STYLES AND LESS EXPENSIVE

Hello, greygirl and welcome. Smile

It seems the price of things have gone up.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

I also agree the prices for your top are outrageous.
Respected Contributor

I got weak the other nite while watching and ordered a couple of tanks. OMG. The fabric can't be any thinner, and they are a wrinkled mess. I liked the line when it first came out since I dress in layers. Since I only wear the straight hems, her line is limited. I totally agree with you who think the prices are high. They certainly are. The quality just isn't there. I'll be a lot stronger now about not ordering. Very disappointed.

Frequent Contributor

I didn't like Lori's earlier fabrics.....I find she continues to improve the fabrics and I'm happy to pay for that quality....Her newer rayon/spandex has a bit more weight to it and isn't as clingy as the earlier ones....Her cotton/modal is much softer and more comfortable and doesn't shrink like the old fabric used to....I'm sorry, but as long as she continues to improve and offer such a great variety of material and styles, I'll buy ONLY LOGO from QVC. Feel free to shop elsewhere, but don't ruin it for the rest of us.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

On 3/10/2015 poshmini said:

If Lori doesn't set the prices she isn't putting her input in about it being so expensive. I have quite a few of her items when she first came on the Q. Mainly on easy pay then cause I thought they were pricy back then. But now I don't buy her items any longer I have enough. I don't buy QVC clothes anyways anymore their prices are just too high. We're paying for a "name brand" that is all. It's a shame how much the Q has jacked up their prices, it's no wonder so many people are going else where to shop, I don't blame them.

Again, she has NO control over the prices, or what is put on easy pay. BTW, ALL the clothes price points on QVC are going up.

Honored Contributor

Be careful with Zulily. Unless you are familiar with brands, the pictures and description can be deceptive.

Recently I received what appeared to be a similar look and fabric but the material was thin, cheap, scratchy and smelly. The seams were uneven with a lot of hanging threads. I'm embarrassed to even donate them.

Super Contributor

On 3/12/2015 lulu2 said:

Be careful with Zulily. Unless you are familiar with brands, the pictures and description can be deceptive.

Recently I received what appeared to be a similar look and fabric but the material was thin, cheap, scratchy and smelly. The seams were uneven with a lot of hanging threads. I'm embarrassed to even donate them.

Yes, agreed. It took me awhile to watch/look and figure out which brands were good. Like anywhere else, I guess.

Please don't settle for that top/order. They are really good about refunds if you have an issue. Call them and tell them that the item was received defective, and you're not happy at all. They'll take care of you. It happened to me once, and they let me keep the order, issued a full refund, and gave me a store credit with free shipping on my next order. It's worth a try. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Maybe you can find similar styles other places, but are they offered in the unique colors of LOGO and in the full range of sizes that's available on QVC? As a plus size, I appreciate being able to purchase the same style and quality of clothing available to those that wear a size 4-8 at reasonable prices. Sizes at discount, off-price and other sites like Zulily are limited, or not available at all in my size, you can't see the garment measurements, etc. I would rather pay a little more for a quality garment that's different than anything else in the stores, that I know will fit me and will coordinate with other items in my closet.

As a dressmaker, I know that LOGO pieces aren't "just t-shirts" - the seaming and attention to fit and detail is impressive.

I decided years ago it was just wasting my time to hunt for hours for "bargains" whether on line or in stores, only to get them home and find they don't work with most things in my closet. I now have fewer items in my closet that I wear more. It comes down to CPW - cost per wear.

Super Contributor

On 3/17/2015 okiebug said:

Maybe you can find similar styles other places, but are they offered in the unique colors of LOGO and in the full range of sizes that's available on QVC? As a plus size, I appreciate being able to purchase the same style and quality of clothing available to those that wear a size 4-8 at reasonable prices. Sizes at discount, off-price and other sites like Zulily are limited, or not available at all in my size, you can't see the garment measurements, etc. I would rather pay a little more for a quality garment that's different than anything else in the stores, that I know will fit me and will coordinate with other items in my closet.

As a dressmaker, I know that LOGO pieces aren't "just t-shirts" - the seaming and attention to fit and detail is impressive.

I decided years ago it was just wasting my time to hunt for hours for "bargains" whether on line or in stores, only to get them home and find they don't work with most things in my closet. I now have fewer items in my closet that I wear more. It comes down to CPW - cost per wear.

Excellent points! ITA.