Honored Contributor

Re: LORI GOLDSTEIN STRIPED TOP

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

All her shows are hideous.  I don't consider her a designer, anyone could make the shirts she presents.  They all look the same, she just adds extras onto them to make your butt and hips look bigger.  She wears so many layers, and they usually don't match, it makes her look large and sloppy.  I really don't know how she got her own show.  All her designs are nothing but a fad and I can almost bet next season they'll be out of style but in the meantime she's laughing all the way to the bank with her ridiculous prices.

If her shows are so hideous to you, then don't watch them rather than come here and slam her style to those of us who enjoy it.  How did she get her own show? SIMPLE- by her line being extremely popular and many of her items selling out.  She's a hot designer  and big money-maker for QVC, and I'm glad to see enough people who shop at the Q do appreciate her, and her abililty to express herself through her clothing.  Why don't you spend Monday evenings shopping at a place that has tailored (and in my opinion masculine-looking) clothes which have been around for years and years and years rather than watching LOGO and then slamming her for bringing a fresh style to the many of us who enjoy it?

Occasional Contributor

Lori did NOT look good last night with the mismatched / tacky combo.   Stripes and wild print do NOT match.  The shoes were hideous too.    If that's a hot designer to you, so be it.  I am glad that others feel the same way as me about this way of dressing.   Again, NOT EVERYTHING GOES WITH EVERYTHING!

Honored Contributor

@shopping w Q wrote:

I am glad that others feel the same way as me about this way of dressing.   Again, NOT EVERYTHING GOES WITH EVERYTHING!

Some others feel the same way, but obviously a huge amount don't, or Lori wouldn't sell - and sell out of - so many clothes. 

Everything can go with everything, with a little imagination, free spirit, and an artistic eye.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

shopping w Q wrote:

I find the phrase "Permission to Play" ridiculous and insulting.  Who came up with that?  Lori?   Again, "everything does NOT go with everything".  Sorry ladies, Lor and Am...  most outfits they put together look like bag lady outfits, mismatched, layers upon layers, things sticking out and hanging every which way...  kind of like pajama's sometimes and PM Style has turned into a big, fun pajama party.

Actually, I like the "permission to play" concept!  It invites us to experiment with fashion pieces, use playful creativity to put things together in new and perhaps unexpected ways.  I like that, although I don't always like the outfits and combos Lori Goldstein comes up with on the show.  Everything doesn't always go with everything, and I think most of us realize that........but I do like the invitation to be lighthearted about fashion and to try new things.

As far as the "pajama party" comments and several similar comments on this thread.......I totally see what you mean.  One of the aims with the new Monday night fashion lineup, new sets, etc. was to create a fun "girls' night out" vibe.  Sofa time, chatting with the models, lots of walking around, trying on and giggling in a much looser and less structured format are part of that.  Sometimes it works, and sometimes (like last night with Amy), it's sort of a train wreck.

Respected Contributor

I am amazed that the folks who clearly dislike the LOGO shows insist on watching them over and over. And they become outraged anew every week. It never seems to get boring for them. I am not a fan of Bob Mackie designs but there is an easy fix for that. No one makes me watch it.

It is fine not to like LOGO but the level and amount of disdain is more than a little weird.

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

I am amazed that the folks who clearly dislike the LOGO shows insist on watching them over and over. And they become outraged anew every week. It never seems to get boring for them. I am not a fan of Bob Mackie designs but there is an easy fix for that. No one makes me watch it.

It is fine not to like LOGO but the level and amount of disdain is more than a little weird.

Very well stated. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I thought that striped top was awful.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

I am a big Logo Fan.  Did not expect all of these negative remarks when I looked at this subject.

I also agree "do not watch" if you are so upset by her clothing and shows.  I will agree that sometimes all of the excitement between Lori and Amy interferes with getting the information we need to make a purchase.

I ordered this top and then changed my mind.  I am a larger woman and felt that the too loose look probably would not work on me.  I noticed that the godet in satin looked a bit wrinkled at the seams.   Just hate returns.  Would have loved this top without that godet and exremely loose look in only some areas of this top.

Occasional Contributor

Although I do not like Am and Lor (lol) together....  and am not a big LOGO fan, I still watch occassionally.   I joined this conversation to say that the striped top and wacky print pants, TOGETHER, looked hideous!   I still stand by that!   She can have some nice clothes and some nice combinations...  but she also has some weird combinations and her outfit that she wore the entire HOUR was ridiculous, especially for a DESIGNER.

Frequent Contributor

I am not really a LOGO fan, but I know Lori's clothing has a big following. I do think her tops are a little on the expensive side. For example, I was in TJMaxx this past weekend and they had several tops very similar to Lori's that were in the $15-$20 range.