Honored Contributor

Re: LOOSE CLOTHING BECOMES A TREND?

@hennypenny wrote:

NO apology needed!

We are all women of different back grounds and tastes.

I grew up in a city that required gloves and skirts and stockings and fine clothing.  I thought I had died and gone to heaven when panty hose were invented.

I am now enjoying looser longer tops that hide the things we were taught to hide. 

I would never ever go out in PJs and would never go to bed in dirty gymn clothing.

That's me!  Thank goodness we are still able to voice our opinions. Lets not loose that right.

@hennypenny

Wow!!     What city was this?

New Contributor

Hey Shanus. I'm the person you're talking about, up to a point. I'm fat and lazy. I wear a size 3x. I have just about every color tshirt Q makes in their oversized line. I will only wear tunics. Gym? They still have those places? Personally, I thought loose clothing was always a trend. At least in modern times. Can you imagine having to wear a corset? Here's what I mean when I say "up to a point." When I go out I like to look nice in my loose clothing. Nice jewelry, handbag. I fix my hair and wear make-up. It cosmetics new serum foundation is awesome by the way! Anyway, that's me.

Respected Contributor

Tink, San Francisco. But you must remember, I am no spring chicken.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@ECBG

Is that a black panel at the bottom of the jacket or is part of her bottoms (like a skirted legging) ? Beautiful jacket btw.

Not sure where you were going with the second picture but big shirt with big pants is doning nothing for her!

@Andreatoo,The black pannel is the top she is wearing under the jacket.  I just got another cobalt blue one for $65.00!  Woo  Hoo!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG

Great! I'm happy to hear that it's not part of the jacket. I'm going to check it out but I need another jacket like I need another hole in my head LOL

Where did you find it for $65?

Esteemed Contributor

Loose clothing and soft dressing is not good for me. I need some structure for my figure. "This too will pass".

Honored Contributor

@febe1  That's what I meant in my OP, but many people were offended and I apologized for hurting anyone's feelings. I'm short & petite & get swallowed up in all this fabric. For years, it's been impossible for me to find clothing that has structure and and not loose, tunic length, longer in back tops, etc. Any shopping sites or stores you frequent? 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  I think I didn't state my point like I meant to & it came out harsh & offensive. My OP came from the frustration of the change in the availability of more fitted, structured every day clothes for those, like me (short & petite) who can't do the tunics, Cuddleduds, loose tops w/ longer backs, etc. I understand that gym clothes, activewear has its place, Inwear it, too, but when I want to wear "regular" clothes, I can only find that or the loose fitting, oversized tops that in any size swallows me up. This style has been around for yrs. & I see no sign of change...frustration, that's it.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue  It may have come across that way, but certainly not my intent. I'm sorry. 

We all have faults and issues and different body types and shapes  & I hope I'd never hurt someone on purpose.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Tinkrbl44  I think I didn't state my point like I meant to & it came out harsh & offensive. My OP came from the frustration of the change in the availability of more fitted, structured every day clothes for those, like me (short & petite) who can't do the tunics, Cuddleduds, loose tops w/ longer backs, etc. I understand that gym clothes, activewear has its place, Inwear it, too, but when I want to wear "regular" clothes, I can only find that or the loose fitting, oversized tops that in any size swallows me up. This style has been around for yrs. & I see no sign of change...frustration, that's it.

@Shanus

Sounds like you'll be spending more shopping time in B&M stores.