Valued Contributor
On 1/31/2015 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 1/31/2015 Elf ish said: Buck-I-Nana, negative comments about a "designer" of such an opposing style(?) has NO affect on any of the designers mentioned in the comments of lovetoshopathome. They were all famous before QVC. You're retired. I'm retired. Surely you remember the quality and style of Anne Klein who Mr. Dell'Olio was associated with. Life's too short to comment on a QVC, or any, forum. Let's read books and enjoy nature. My last comment - " Lori Goldstein is NOT a Designer".

The attitudes displayed by a large number of folks devoted to a specific design and how they treat others through out the forum makes one pause to think, whether you like it or agree with it or not. It certainly paints a picture of the "type" of people who wear the apparel and if that type of person is not the type you are or appreciate you'd think twice about wanting to look like them. JMHO.

So basically, go ahead and be an ...... and then you can come back and start another campaign to save your beloved designer.

Ahhh...like a breath of fresh air! Thank you for saying all that you said during this entire thread. I agree 100%. I certainly won't be patronizing LDO. I love LOGO, and I am happy to see her line get more and more air time and TSV's.
Thanks again!

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/31/2015 HAPPY LADY said:
On 1/30/2015 kate2357 said:
On 1/30/2015 shan113 said: You can love a designer and his/her work without making disparaging remarks about another designer.
I agree. But it also seems to me that the fashion boards are not for the timid. Smiley Happy Some of the posters are a bit overzelous, IMO, about their favorite designers. Just got chased off a board because of a button comment...of all things. LOL! But really everyone is entitled to their opinions about who and what they personally prefer to wear or watch. To me the Q is not that different from a B &M store...in the sense that both retailers offer items...departments where I don't buy product. Macy's has a LOT of depts that carry product I think is really awful. But I'm guessing someone ... a lot of someones...like what is offered. It's not like we all have to dress the same...thank goodness.

HI kate2357.... I'm glad I found you. I came across the inappropriate response to your simple statement on the Linea forum about not preferring logo buttons and I felt badly for you. The response to your well written opinion was over the top and uncalled for. You always post appropriate posts. All posters are welcome on the Linea site and do feel welcome to come back. I have been buying Louis's clothes since 1982 and buy more than anyone else that blogs on his forum. I get all kinds of nonsense thrown at me; I just ignore until they make it personal like was done to you. I had the same issue yesterday so I know how inappropriate some poster's comments are. If you want to participate on a forum don't let any of them make you feel unwelcome. If everyone stays away the Linea forum, because of a few bullies, the Linea forum will not serve the purpose it was created for. I look forward to your critiquing items you have purchased. Hope to hear from you soon.Smile

Happy Lady Thank you for your comments. I have to say I was kind of taken aback when my posting history was made out to be controversial. I think more than anything else, that is what threw me for a loop. But forum politics aside...I will buy the clothing I like and sometimes it will work for me and sometimes it won't work.

I don't live a fancy life or have a job that requires a skirt and high heels...so not all of LDO's items work for me. I can enjoy from afar. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} The new casual clothing I ordered and I ordered a lot...is for an upcoming vacation and for spring/summer wear.

I did order the OTO jacket...which I really don't need...but caved because it's a nice fitted look. I just wish the long navy skirt had been posted. Since I live in Seattle...I don't expect to see my loot until late next week.

Again...thanks for taking the time to make your kind comments.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Valued Contributor
On 1/31/2015 kate2357 said:
On 1/30/2015 shan113 said: You can love a designer and his/her work without making disparaging remarks about another designer.
I agree. But it also seems to me that the fashion boards are not for the timid. Smiley Happy Some of the posters are a bit overzelous, IMO, about their favorite designers. Just got chased off a board because of a button comment...of all things. LOL! But really everyone is entitled to their opinions about who and what they personally prefer to wear or watch. To me the Q is not that different from a B &M store...in the sense that both retailers offer items...departments where I don't buy product. Macy's has a LOT of depts that carry product I think is really awful. But I'm guessing someone ... a lot of someones...like what is offered. It's not like we all have to dress the same...thank goodness.

HI kate2357.... I'm glad I found you. I came across the inappropriate response to your simple statement on the Linea forum about not preferring logo buttons and I felt badly for you. The response to your well written opinion was over the top and uncalled for. You always post appropriate posts. All posters are welcome on the Linea site and do feel welcome to come back. I have been buying Louis's clothes since 1982 and buy more than anyone else that blogs on his forum. I get all kinds of nonsense thrown at me; I just ignore until they make it personal like was done to you. I had the same issue yesterday so I know how inappropriate some poster's comments are. If you want to participate on a forum don't let any of them make you feel unwelcome. If everyone stays away the Linea forum, because of a few bullies, the Linea forum will not serve the purpose it was created for. I look forward to your critiquing items you have purchased. Hope to hear from you soon.Smile

Happy Lady Thank you for your comments. I have to say I was kind of taken aback when my posting history was made out to be controversial. I think more than anything else, that is what threw me for a loop. But forum politics aside...I will buy the clothing I like and sometimes it will work for me and sometimes it won't work.

I don't live a fancy life or have a job that requires a skirt and high heels...so not all of LDO's items work for me. I can enjoy from afar. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} The new casual clothing I ordered and I ordered a lot...is for an upcoming vacation and for spring/summer wear.

I did order the OTO jacket...which I really don't need...but caved because it's a nice fitted look. I just wish the long navy skirt had been posted. Since I live in Seattle...I don't expect to see my loot until late next week.

I am an attorney and teach seminars on bullying (also have 4 young adult daughters) and when I saw the inappropriate dialogue that was cast upon your innocent comment I thought "that was text book bullying". I have had you on my mind for awhile now and kept looking for you to let you know people do care. Actually, I am going to remove names and use your situation in my next seminar. It seemed to me, from the tone of your response, your were surprised and hurt and not is not acceptable. I care. Have a great weekend!

Esteemed Contributor

I am an attorney and teach seminars on bullying (also have 4 young adult daughters) and when I saw the inappropriate dialogue that was cast upon your innocent comment I thought "that was text book bullying". I have had you on my mind for awhile now and kept looking for you to let you know people do care. Actually, I am going to remove names and use your situation in my next seminar. It seemed to me, from the tone of your response, your were surprised and hurt and not is not acceptable. I care. Have a great weekend!

While it makes me roll my eyes when I see posters actually turning on a brand because of the behavior of some who are perceived as overly-defensive, it makes me truly angry to see a piling on. I think some posters (and on occasion I've been one) in the Linea forum are quick to smack down opposing opinions because they have to surf a hate-wave every time there's a show. You can just feel it simmering on this forum as the show approaches. You know better; a fire can't burn without oxygen, but it's just miserable at times and it gets to the point where you just want to swing back.

All that said, I'm sorry this happened to you especially when you weren't trashing anything, but simply stating a personal preference (note, I said the same thing before you!).

I admire that you kept it in perspective and didn't take it out on the brand. I'm looking forward to a shipment of new Linea next week and I hope we get a chance to compare notes!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Occasional Contributor

I can't think of any 2 designers who's offerings are more different than LDO and LOGO. The only thing I see the same is the letter "L". That saying, I enjoy items in both lines. Fashion can be very dull if we always wear the same "look". I appreciate the different styles on the Q and really enjoy watching the different designers. They all seem to be so charming. They seem to have no problem explaining their inspiration and helping us the wear their visions in different ways. I like getting ideas from them.

Super Contributor
On 1/30/2015 Daysdee said:
On 1/30/2015 maryebrown said:
On 1/30/2015 traveler said:

I'm watching Linea now and noticed how Louis describes stitch types and said yummy yet. His line is more classic yet comfortable.

I enjoy watching Louis and his line -- VERY Classy -- and I love his Classic clothing (not 'trendy') ! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I wish he was on more often... {#emotions_dlg.sad}

I was glued to The Show. The models were all perfectly styled, and they never look "silly". Jacqueline (sp?), his wife, is so lovely and I truly enjoy watching their chemistry when she is modeling his line. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I want to see MORE shows from The Master of women's clothing ! Smile

I really enjoy Louis' shows. They are like a fashion show you would have to pay admission to attend. Love the way he styles one model casual, one for a work environment and one for dressy. They are accessorized beautifully too. I have a lot of his fashions, but none of his jewelry. It looks beautiful and stylish. I enjoy Jac modeling too.

My thoughts, too ! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

Let me echo both your sentiments. I post on the Linea forum and love his clothes. I once worked and was required to wear professional clothing. Now that I no longer work I am enjoying his more leisurely clothes and those clothes that I cannot resist for both club and church wear, but I too have been treated similarly on the Linea forum and have seen others leave for that reason.

Like Happy Lady suggested, and she is a sweet lady as most of the members are, it is a forum for all and whether we have negative opinions or positive opinions, we should be able to post them there. Louis wants our negative as well as positive feedback as he learns from what we say about going forward. He probably appreciates all commentary. Let's make it a happy forum. Come back and join the conversation. Not every piece of clothing is for everyone. I used to wear St. John and now I rarely have need for it nor can afford it but my daughter wears it to almost exclusion and she sees and buys Louis items as well but she also wears leisure clothes for her much-needed weekend getaways.

Honored Contributor

GARDENSLA, you are always a happy camper but I really have a love/hate relationship with you for having more Linea than I have. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/31/2015 namealreadytaken said:

GARDENSLA, you are always a happy camper but I really have a love/hate relationship with you for having more Linea than I have. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

{#emotions_dlg.wub} I'm looking forward to the year I retire and can send the lot of it to Goodwill!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

I like when QVC has a variety aired, so I agree with the OP. Whether I like every designer's show is beside the point, I like to see the variety. How many threads have we all seen posted complaining about the lack of variety being shown? Almost daily there are a few threads regarding this very thing, whether it is fashion, kitchen wares, jewelry shows, etc. I only watch the shows that I like the product, so it's not a problem for me as I realize that people have different tastes and needs in their lives. No need to become over zealous or criticize anyone for their choices, IMHO.

"To each their own, in all things".