Honored Contributor

Not all of LDO works for me either and I will return something if it doesn't work for me. I'm happy the pieces you do like work for you.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor
On 1/30/2015 shan113 said: You can love a designer and his/her work without making disparaging remarks about another designer.
I agree. But it also seems to me that the fashion boards are not for the timid. Smiley Happy Some of the posters are a bit overzelous, IMO, about their favorite designers. Just got chased off a board because of a button comment...of all things. LOL! But really everyone is entitled to their opinions about who and what they personally prefer to wear or watch. To me the Q is not that different from a B &M store...in the sense that both retailers offer items...departments where I don't buy product. Macy's has a LOT of depts that carry product I think is really awful. But I'm guessing someone ... a lot of someones...like what is offered. It's not like we all have to dress the same...thank goodness.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Frequent Contributor
I love Linea. My purchases today alone show it. It is disheartening to me when I see disparaging remarks about others designers in an attempt to position Louis' talents. He doesn't need that. He is gifted and I can say that while not saying something off putting about the designer of Logo. I am talking about the ""real designer comment"". I believe it can turn people away from Linea. I want his followers to grow and his presence on Q to grow. I think that gets jeopardized when we speak ill of other designers in our attempt to share that he is talented award winning designer who cares about his customers.
Super Contributor
On 1/30/2015 JustJazzmom said:

Why do I like LDO? First, because he has a blog that shows his clothing with much better photos than the ones here. Second, if you have a question about the clothing, you can visit his blog and ask him directly. Third, if you have a certain request such as having a garment made in optic white instead of ivory, it will eventually be created.

Can you do that with Susan Graver or Lori Goldstein? Can you ask Susan for her to design a specific garment for you in a color you have requested?? Can Lori make clothing that doesn't all look the same with those asymmetrical hems or leggings? Can you request from Lori to make symmetrical hems on some of her clothing line?

I like LDO because he makes himself accessible to his customers; he doesn't just present clothing, he explains why and how he designed the clothing.

If you think Louis is going to make something special just for you that's out of his design esthetics, you're just kidding yourself. It's great that he takes requests for colors, but I'm sure it takes requests from many customers, not just one.

Susan has said many times when she is presenting something that it's a customer request, so apparently she does the same thing. And, so does Lori - she has a fb page where her customers request styles and colors. In that regard, all three are the same - they just have different design perspectives and I appreciate that and applaud QVC for having a variety for everyone.

Regular Contributor
On 1/30/2015 shan113 said: I love Linea. My purchases today alone show it. It is disheartening to me when I see disparaging remarks about others designers in an attempt to position Louis' talents. He doesn't need that. He is gifted and I can say that while not saying something off putting about the designer of Logo. I am talking about the "real designer comment". I believe it can turn people away from Linea. I want his followers to grow and his presence on Q to grow. I think that gets jeopardized when we speak ill of other designers in our attempt to share that he is talented award winning designer who cares about his customers.

ITA!

I love Linea and have a number of items and seem to be buying more and more but I also have a couple of LOGO straight hem tops I like, I own some Isaac that I like and god forbid I even have some Denim & Co that I like. I'm not a fan of SG but that's ok, I'm happy for those that like her clothes.

I am blown away at how responsive Louis is and I think he is a master of fit, cut and quality but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate other lines. I also think he is unique with his blog but I can appreciate him and what he offers without the need to dig at other lines. I will never understand why people feel compelled to do this.

Why can't we all just live and let live?

Occasional Contributor
Shan, the forum topic Logo to Linea seemed to suggest, to me at least, a comparison of the two designers due to the obvious difference in their style. Louis needs no help from me in the talent department and my disparaging Lori remarks will in no way affect or further his career. Yes, everyone has their individual taste and I'm sure Lori would be almost claustrophobic wearing Louis's classic designs just as I do not need yards of fabric added to my hips and tighter bustling fabric pulling my breasts further east and west.
Respected Contributor
On 1/30/2015 Elf ish said: Shan, the forum topic Logo to Linea seemed to suggest, to me at least, a comparison of the two designers due to the obvious difference in their style. Louis needs no help from me in the talent department and my disparaging Lori remarks will in no way affect or further his career. Yes, everyone has their individual taste and I'm sure Lori would be almost claustrophobic wearing Louis's classic designs just as I do not need yards of fabric added to my hips and tighter bustling fabric pulling my breasts further east and west.

So, apparently you reply based only on the topic heading without reading the actual post?

"This is what I like about QVC. We go from a LOGO to a Linea show. Completely different styles with something for every tastes."

You may not believe it, but yes, the nasty posts and intolerant posts by some of Louis' nastier fans does impact his sales on the Q.

Respected Contributor
On 1/30/2015 JustJazzmom said:

Why do I like LDO? First, because he has a blog that shows his clothing with much better photos than the ones here. Second, if you have a question about the clothing, you can visit his blog and ask him directly. Third, if you have a certain request such as having a garment made in optic white instead of ivory, it will eventually be created.

Can you do that with Susan Graver or Lori Goldstein? Can you ask Susan for her to design a specific garment for you in a color you have requested?? Can Lori make clothing that doesn't all look the same with those asymmetrical hems or leggings? Can you request from Lori to make symmetrical hems on some of her clothing line?

I like LDO because he makes himself accessible to his customers; he doesn't just present clothing, he explains why and how he designed the clothing.

Well said, JJM, and I might add that Lori Goldstein is a ""self-taught" stylist, as stated in her bio and she does not have a history or education in "design."

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Trusted Contributor
On 1/30/2015 Mtnbikegirl said:

Yeah, but LDO is not everyone's taste. It is classic, but it all looks the same. I bought a maxi skirt and a WK turtleneck last year. I wore it once for Thanksgiving. I have to dress professionally when I go into the office in Manhattan, but other than that, I would never wear this style. In fact, I have never worn that outfit into the office. I wear my SG outfits, and I've worn my LOGO tops too.

You may not like SG or LOGO, but a lot of us do. Apparently, QVC has noticed, and that's why they have so much more air time.

Sorry but if you say you have to dress professionally and don't wear Louis' clothing but you wear Logo, to me that just doesn't make sense. Logo in no way is for the professional woman, IMO. I'm not a logo fan at all with all those shark bite hems, uneven hems and all that layering. I much prefer Louis' classy designs.
Super Contributor
I do love LDO because his conservative style fits my casual work needs better than LOGO. I was tempted to add some LOGo last night (chiffon bottom) but they appeared very thin. I saw too much bra showing through that I didn't order for the price. I would love to try LOGO though to see if the quality is there. That was what surprised me with LDO. The quality of the materials sold me. I spent more than I have in a long time on QVC during his show tonight. And love his ""sneak peek"" styles(that nautical sweater coming in Feb has my name all over it) but I like the variety of styles being offered. Different strokes for different folks. I enjoyed the LDO show because I really enjoyed how he styles his models. Really helps me see how something could work in my wardrobe. Leisure wear just isn't me right now(I didn't buy LDO's hoodie either) It's so cold where I am right now that I am looking for thick stuff. Whenever I see Lori I think boy she must do a lot of laundry as her styling appears to be a whole load in one outfit! But I do think it's cute just not for me right now. Summer I might be all over it.