Trusted Contributor

I'm probably in the minority here but I just don't "get" the LOGO craze. To me, the style may be comfortable but it is not flattering - looks sloppy. And it will never endure the test of time. Ten years (or more) from now, you won't be wearing LOGO, but you will still be wearing Louis Linea. I still have, and wear, Louis' clothes from my career days when he designed for Ellen Tracy. And they look as new and fresh as they did when I bought them.

Super Contributor

Re: LOGO line vs. Louis line

I don't think one can compare these two lines at all. I view Logo as exclusively casual/weekend wear, and Linea as a classic, professional line. Linea does transition into weekend/casual wear, too, but Logo can't really be worn professionally (IMO and in my field at least).

Most people have many types of clothing in their wardrobes, and for many, there is a place for both of these lines in their wardrobes. But I don't think they can be compared.

Trusted Contributor

Funny......I just posted on another thread that Louis and Lori are my two favorite designers on QVC, and that their shows are the QVC fashion events I really try to watch! Of course, their styles are totally different from one another, but they are both truly creative, accomplished designers with bold, distinctive style sense who have wonderful on-air personalities, are genuinely enthusiastic about what they do, and present their lines very effectively. I totally enjoy watching both and especially seeing the imaginative ways they put outfits together. Louis offers the more classic fashion approach (creatively interpreted), and Lori is much more avant garde and unconventional. There's definitely a place for both fashion approaches in my world......and they're both So Much Fun!

Respected Contributor

On 1/31/2015 GoodStuff said:

Funny......I just posted on another thread that Louis and Lori are my two favorite designers on QVC, and that their shows are the QVC fashion events I really try to watch! Of course, their styles are totally different from one another, but they are both truly creative, accomplished designers with bold, distinctive style sense who have wonderful on-air personalities, are genuinely enthusiastic about what they do, and present their lines very effectively. I totally enjoy watching both and especially seeing the imaginative ways they put outfits together. Louis offers the more classic fashion approach (creatively interpreted), and Lori is much more avant garde and unconventional. There's definitely a place for both fashion approaches in my world......and they're both So Much Fun!

I agree with you 100%. I don't understand for the life of me this either or mentality. There is certainly room for both in my closet. I wear more Linea than logo, but that's me. I'm sure there are others where that is the opposite, and others who don't wear either. I also don't understand the hostility that always shows up when these two wonderful designers are mentioned. Ladies, in the end it's just clothes.

Valued Contributor

We all have different personal styles. There's room for both lines in the fashion realm. Comparing the two is like comparing apples, elephants, and Volkswagens.
Honored Contributor

I like both but of course, I had far more Louis when I quit work. I am adding a few Lori for the comfort of great old lazy days when I have nothing to do but tidy up and even go shopping if I have the desire and funds.

Occasional Contributor

Louis is classic. LOGO is faddish. Her styles will be out dated by next year if they aren't already. A good classic piece lasts a very long time and still looks good.

Sammiecat

Respected Contributor

Linea by Louis DellOlio Open Front Cardigan with Pocket Detail

Linea by Louis DellOlio Asymmetric Hem Knit Tank Tunic

Linea by Louis DellOlio Feather Jersey Tunic with Hood

So, you don't like these styles?

Esteemed Contributor

Buck-I-Nana I think the colors of the bottom two tops you posted are very lovely. I personally can't wear the shapes of those tops...but that's about my body type...not about the designer. For my body type, I look best with more fitted styles. I do not look good in skinny pants or leggings (short legs) so the long tops make me look shorter and heavier. But that's me.

I'm all about wearing whatever you want...whatever makes YOU feel good. It's not that I don't have an opinion (or two or three) about how some people look in their clothes when they are out in public....and I'm sure there are people who think my style is boring and 'old'.

Meh. It's not that I don't care what strangers think about me or my clothing...if a friend/spouse gave me a shake of the head and said, yeah, don't wear/buy that...I would listen. But I'm not really concerned about pleasing total strangers. (In a non-work environment. At work...I HAVE to worry about the impression I make w/ everyone).

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Like comparing apples to cow apples.