Honored Contributor

Re: LOGO line vs. Louis line

On 1/31/2015 Buck-i-Nana said:

Linea by Louis DellOlio Open Front Cardigan with Pocket Detail

Linea by Louis DellOlio Asymmetric Hem Knit Tank Tunic

Linea by Louis DellOlio Feather Jersey Tunic with Hood

So, you don't like these styles?

I don't like those styles and would not wear them.

Respected Contributor

On 1/31/2015 DiAnne said:
On 1/31/2015 Buck-i-Nana said:

Linea by Louis DellOlio Open Front Cardigan with Pocket Detail

Linea by Louis DellOlio Asymmetric Hem Knit Tank Tunic

Linea by Louis DellOlio Feather Jersey Tunic with Hood

So, you don't like these styles?

I don't like those styles and would not wear them.

They're Linea pieces. Cool

Respected Contributor

On 1/31/2015 kate2357 said:

Buck-I-Nana I think the colors of the bottom two tops you posted are very lovely. I personally can't wear the shapes of those tops...but that's about my body type...not about the designer. For my body type, I look best with more fitted styles. I do not look good in skinny pants or leggings (short legs) so the long tops make me look shorter and heavier. But that's me.

I'm all about wearing whatever you want...whatever makes YOU feel good. It's not that I don't have an opinion (or two or three) about how some people look in their clothes when they are out in public....and I'm sure there are people who think my style is boring and 'old'.

Meh. It's not that I don't care what strangers think about me or my clothing...if a friend/spouse gave me a shake of the head and said, yeah, don't wear/buy that...I would listen. But I'm not really concerned about pleasing total strangers. (In a non-work environment. At work...I HAVE to worry about the impression I make w/ everyone).

I'm a firm believer that there's no one-size-fits all designer or style and really don't see the point of criticizing the designers and styles that don't work for me. I honestly DO believe that this latest flare-up of direct slams on LOGO over the past couple of days is because a few folks have their noses bent out of shape because Lori now has her own show on a weekly basis and Louis doesn't. It's just a temper tantrum.

Respected Contributor

On 1/31/2015 gonnab said:

I'm probably in the minority here but I just don't "get" the LOGO craze. To me, the style may be comfortable but it is not flattering - looks sloppy. And it will never endure the test of time. Ten years (or more) from now, you won't be wearing LOGO, but you will still be wearing Louis Linea. I still have, and wear, Louis' clothes from my career days when he designed for Ellen Tracy. And they look as new and fresh as they did when I bought them.

Louis designed for Anne Klein and I also still have clothes in my closet from that time period. I have a much loved black crepe black suit that still looks as classic today as it did then. His designs are classic and those of us who love his line are so lucky he's still designing. He's an iconic designer and I can't think of any other designer at QVC who fits that category. Isaac maybe?

Super Contributor

Personally, I'm not an LDO / Linea fan for a variety of reasons.

I like most of the LOGO line and have about 20 pieces. (I recently started buying a style similar to LOGO from Soft Surroundings because I wanted other necklines, other colors and long sleeves.)

Linea has some LOGO look stuff and some rather bizarre things also. These are all Linea:

Frequent Contributor

On 1/31/2015 Kathleen said:

I like most of the LOGO line and have about 20 pieces. (I recently started buying a style similar to LOGO from Soft Surroundings because I wanted other necklines, other colors and long sleeves.)

Linea has some LOGO look stuff and some rather bizarre things also. These are all Linea:

LINEA OR LOGO...STILL UNATTRACTIVE

Respected Contributor

I don't care what the brand name is--long shirts that drape have never flattered me.

So I look for other styles.

Honored Contributor

On 1/31/2015 fanb said:

I agree.

Super Contributor

On 1/31/2015 fanb said:

ITA. Linea = Boring and LOGO = bag lady.

Valued Contributor

I have no use for the Linea line. I don't work anymore and tailored, rigid clothes look terrible on me. I like the LOGO line because it's fun and relaxed.