Respected Contributor

Re: LOGO TOP REVIEW....WTH??

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee Actually they DO ask if you've purchased and received this item. It's just a little drop down box with the choice of Yes or No when you post a review. Now...I don't know what would happen if you answered "No", since I've never posted a review of a product I don't have in my hot little hands, lol!

ETA: Never mind @Pearlee! I just re-read your post and saw you said they do ask. I read that post TWICE and saw "do NOT ask" both times...I need to get my eyes checked!

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

It seems HSN is the only one that exerts any control starting with the fact that you MUST purchase the item to review it.

But then even that is no guarantee; I recently read the first review posted for the Swagway (which we bought) that gave one star because she purchased it for her grandchild and 'hoped' that it would be good!

??!!! Why on earth did you publish that review?? It stated right in the review that she couldn't review it?!

HSN also makes you wait 5 days from when you received the item to write a review. 

I tried to review an HSN item that I received as a gift and it wouldn't let me because I hadn't purchased the item.  Supposedly they are working on that.  

Honored Contributor

@vermint  Yes, I know they do ask. I thought I'd acknowledged that.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee You did...it was my mistake for misreading your post--twice!

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

It seems HSN is the only one that exerts any control starting with the fact that you MUST purchase the item to review it.

But then even that is no guarantee; I recently read the first review posted for the Swagway (which we bought) that gave one star because she purchased it for her grandchild and 'hoped' that it would be good!

??!!! Why on earth did you publish that review?? It stated right in the review that she couldn't review it?!

HSN also makes you wait 5 days from when you received the item to write a review. 

I tried to review an HSN item that I received as a gift and it wouldn't let me because I hadn't purchased the item.  Supposedly they are working on that.  

It's not a perfect system for sure. They also wont let you review if you return the item!

Apparently you can't return til at least 5 days, write a review, then return it lol

I think it's important to point at that even if you didn't purchase from the vendor that you could still have the item and can make a fair assessment. QVC is great for ideas but I can usually find it (much) cheaper elsewhere...

QVC Social Team

Hello @winamac1 - I would like to look into this. Do you have an iteam number for the sweater? Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Eva-QVC wrote:

Hello @winamac1 - I would like to look into this. Do you have an iteam number for the sweater? Thanks!

http://www.qvc.com/LOGO-by-Lori-Goldstein-Cotton-Cashmere-Color-Block-Sweater.product.A269656.html?s...

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"