Honored Contributor

Re: LOGO SHOW on MONDAY Jan. 11, 2016

@Biftu wrote:

I just realized that the black side of the black/willow fleece jacket is the same material as the topper coat A269658.  Although the coat is a bit heavier.

@Biftu  Good call on your part!   That jacket never tempted me (the cut looked boxy) and now I'm glad I didn't get it if it's the same material.  

Honored Contributor

Here is a reviewer of the fleece jackets (which is generally getting great reviews) who agrees with me about the fabric on the one side.  The title of her review is "Not Exactly Fleece" and she wrote:

" I am giving this 2 Stars for a couple of reasons .... First the fabric is 2 different textures - I got the Black / Willow in my usual size medium and it fit fine but I am confused about the 2 fabrics - the willow side is a thin flat type fleece but the black side is a fabric that I am not sure what it is - it's a shiny textured - almost like a panne velvet black material that I think ruins the jacket ! This jacket is soft and comfortable but I was hoping as it was advertised for a casual fleece type jacket and I'm disappointed that the black is not the fleece since I wanted to wear it on the black side with the willow collar showing ...also....the sleeves were a tad short to my liking and they are unfinished - the fabric is the type that can be cut without stitching or hemming so the edges of the sleeves and the seams and around the jacket is unfinished looking to me ! I had it on only for a few minutes yesterday and I decided to take another look today and decided it wasn't what I was looking for so sadly I will be sending it back ! I am a LOGO fan and own lots of pieces but the last few months I've sent back more than I ever have due to the fabrics either being too thin or not exactly as described ! "

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack  Surely you have received your fleece jacket by now?  What do you think?

Esteemed Contributor

I received the black, and think the description by Biftu (?) being sealskin is very accurate. I like the look of it better with the black side out. The fabric isn't a problem for me in black at all, not sure I would have liked the blue. It looks great on, love the feel and flow. I went with XS so I could have a little room, perfect. It will be a great topper when it warms up a bit here, thinking March before I could wear without a coat over it. Lightweight and adorable. A different, and welcome, style from Lori.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

I am really glad you like it, @MaggieMack,and you are OK with the fabric that I was not OK with (I agree it might look better in the black than in the blue - reminded me of a cheap couch from the '70s).   I can also envision @Biftu's description of the black and being right-on.    

The reviews are mixed but for the most part very favorable, so I guess I'm in the minority, although I see the fabric did bother some others.  Most love it!