Honored Contributor

LOGO SHOW THURS. 12/10

[ Edited ]

Aaaack!  I completely forgot to watch the show last night, but did just look at the review of it online.  I went to a late-afternoon/early evening film (Trumbo) and after I got home I thought, "isn't there something I usually watch on Thursday nights?"  but couldn't think of anything so I didn't turn on the TV.  And this morning I'm reading references to it on another thread!   I looked at the review of the show and do have some comments though (I don't think I'd have ordered anything, so that's good!).  

About the "new" French terry lounge top with sharkbite hem (A269957):  Interesting that they finally called "ivory"  ivory!  Sure looks like "antique white" to me.  And although this top is "new" there have been at least two others extremely similar to it that I can think of! I sure don't need that - I have plenty of her similar tops.

I might have been tempted by the new printed cotten cashmere sweater A269974 - I'm going to look at the video if and when it appears, although I have a top of hers that isn't cotton cashmere and looks very similar to this so I doubt I'd get it (the top I own has been on clearance, don't know whether it's still available or not but it is very similar).

I don't like the new turtleneck twin set at all. This is another that is very disproportionate-looking to me with the tank being much too long undernneath the top. The tank should be shorter so I'm not interested in that set.

A269968 - the bubble-hem top:  I like the look of it but not for me. Being pear-shaped myself, that bubble hem would not be  flattering on me.

Lastly about the space-dyed top: a237530 - I have this in the black & white choice and love, love, love it. When I first ordered it, I also ordered the allspice color which I liked, but it just didn't look good on me (kinda washed me out).  I should have exchanged it at the time for a different color because I love the top, but didn't (this was before Q didn't refund S&H so by exchanging it I wouldn't have lost the $3; but I did get a full refund).  Thing is, this top is very lightweight and so not for winter up north here unless it's layered underneath something else.  It's also very long and even being short I still love it and get lots of use out of it, but be aware that it's very long if you are thinking about getting it.  Hmmmm.....I won't get it now but I will think about getting the plum rose color at some point.

That chiffon trim cardigan on last night - a best seller - has been around for a long time and so wow - the much lower price of it is noteworthy, given LOGO prices lately.

So did anyone get anything last night? Or have comments about the show?   

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't get anything last night -- thank goodness.  I have been treating myself too much lately.  However, I was tempted by the sweater in blue spruce to go under my french terry jacket in that color, but it was expensive and a bit short.

i agree with you on the proportion of the twin set.  I like the idea of a mock neck, but the layering piece was just too long and too much of a contrast.

The bubble top looked cute, but not interesting enough for me to buy, and again, a bit short.

i have the chiffon trim cardigan in three colors which I bought on eBay for I think $20.  They are a nice addition to my wardrobe and I have worn them often.

i'm done with space-dyed tops, I have more than enough.

Bottom line, you didn't miss anything.

Occasional Contributor

@Pearlee:  Hi, there!  New to commenting on your LOGO show reviews, but an avid fan of reading your forum chats and thoughts on some items!  Funny thing is I often find myself being tempted by (or purchasing) same items as you, so we have very similar tastes in Lori's line!  Smiley Happy

Anyway, just wanted to reply about A269957 - French Terry lounge top.  Was definitely tempted by this one myself (although similar to previous tops, agreed)!  But it was actually was a OTO!  Yay!  One time only's are sometimes rare for LOGO, but of course, when one shows up, it's hard to resist the lower price point!  So yeah - I buckled and ordered the Light Mocha in xxs.  Think it will couple nicely with some of LOGO's shale colored tanks and cardigans I own and love!  

Also buckled on the chiffon trim cardi as well.  Knew it's been around awhile, but I've typically shied away from chiffon trim layers.  I'm only 5'3", 104 lbs, so I hope it works w/o adding bulk!   

As for the Thursday night shows ~ pretty sure it ends here.  (unless they start up again after the new year!)   I also believe LOGO hours will not be on now until her TSV day, Monday, December 28th!  Let's stay tuned!  

Thanks for being such a regular LOGO forum contributor and fan!  Keep it coming, once the shows return.  Always look forward to your comments and community for the love of LOGO! 

~Karen Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: LOGO SHOW THURS. 12/10

[ Edited ]

@twin2kim wrote:

@Pearlee:  Hi, there!  New to commenting on your LOGO show reviews, but an avid fan of reading your forum chats and thoughts on some items!  Funny thing is I often find myself being tempted by (or purchasing) same items as you, so we have very similar tastes in Lori's line!  Smiley Happy

Anyway, just wanted to reply about A269957 - French Terry lounge top.  Was definitely tempted by this one myself (although similar to previous tops, agreed)!  But it was actually was a OTO!  Yay!  One time only's are sometimes rare for LOGO, but of course, when one shows up, it's hard to resist the lower price point!  So yeah - I buckled and ordered the Light Mocha in xxs.  Think it will couple nicely with some of LOGO's shale colored tanks and cardigans I own and love!  

Also buckled on the chiffon trim cardi as well.  Knew it's been around awhile, but I've typically shied away from chiffon trim layers.  I'm only 5'3", 104 lbs, so I hope it works w/o adding bulk!   

As for the Thursday night shows ~ pretty sure it ends here.  (unless they start up again after the new year!)   I also believe LOGO hours will not be on now until her TSV day, Monday, December 28th!  Let's stay tuned!  

Thanks for being such a regular LOGO forum contributor and fan!  Keep it coming, once the shows return.  Always look forward to your comments and community for the love of LOGO! 

~Karen Smiley Happy

@twin2kim  HI, Karen.  Welcome to the board and especially the LOGO threads! I'm so honored that your first post was on one of my LOGO threads - I'm looking forward to your future contributions, esp. if we have similar tastes!

Since I saw the Fr. terry top today on review, I didn't realize is was an OTO so good thing I didn't need any more - I'd be kicking myself.   The light mocha color is very pretty -  I hope you love yours.  I've seen that color (in fact I'm returning a sweater in it today because the color is very pretty but washed me out with my pale complexion) but  quite truthfully don't think it's going to go well with shale (although as Lori would say,anything goes with everything Smiley Happy  but if it doesn't, you'll still find a lot of use for that neutral color.  IMO it's too brown (granted a very light brown) for the more taupey-gray shale (I'm loving her shale) but 'ya never know. You can get creative with it.  But as I say, even if it doesn't work with shale, there will be lots of uses for that mocha color.   I love my shale pieces - it's a great color and I was shocked that I can wear it, since I expected that one to pale me out too but it doesn't.

I think you're going to love that cardi with chiffon. Did you get the new maple? I like that cardi enough that I'm tempted to get it in the maple color, esp. since I do like that color and Lori doesn't seem to be doing it much any more, esp. this season.

You are right about the Thursday night shows.  On one of the videos I watched today from last night, either she or Carolyn stated that was the last Thursday show.  I guess I can go to more movies on Thursday nights now!

Thanks for your very kind words in your post. Again, I look forward to your joining in conversing with us LOGO Lovers. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I forgot about the show too.  When I reviewed it online this morning, I didn't see anything that I needed.  I would like to have a couple of colors in the chiffon cardigan, since mine are all too big...but I think I'll wait for possible "as is" options.

As a side note (nothing to do with Logo), I saw that this Joan Rivers Faux Fur Vest will be a Lunchtime special.  I wanted to share because it is a great price and has good reviews.

http://www.qvc.com/Joan-Rivers-Reversible-Faux-Fur-Vest-with-Sequin-Detail.product.A258559.html?sc=A...

Occasional Contributor

@Pearlee:  Thanks for your honesty on the mocha / shale combo.  Sometimes I see more oatmeal color in the shale cardigan I own, other times it shows taupey-grey, as you said.  Either way, anything goes w/ black or jeans, so I often lean toward all LOGO neutrals.  Yes, shale has become an obsession-color for me!  

Love Lori's vision to say anything goes with everything, since she's the expert after all!  But  I'm still a matchy-matchy tonal color fan.  Certain colors grab my attention, but I nevery shy away from her basic color palette!

Perhaps I will report back on how it looks together!  Thanks again!

Happy Holidays!

Honored Contributor

@twin2kim wrote:

@Pearlee:  Thanks for your honesty on the mocha / shale combo.  Sometimes I see more oatmeal color in the shale cardigan I own, other times it shows taupey-grey, as you said.  Either way, anything goes w/ black or jeans, so I often lean toward all LOGO neutrals.  Yes, shale has become an obsession-color for me!  

Love Lori's vision to say anything goes with everything, since she's the expert after all!  But  I'm still a matchy-matchy tonal color fan.  Certain colors grab my attention, but I nevery shy away from her basic color palette!

Perhaps I will report back on how it looks together!  Thanks again!

Happy Holidays!

@twin2kim  Gosh, I could have written the above.  I'm starting to think we are "twins separated at birth!"   Happy Holidays to you also.  Please do come back and let me know what you think of that OTO that I missed!  Smiley Happy

@Trudey  For once you're the one getting me in trouble!  I'm getting that Joan Rivers vest although the black is sold out in size Med. so I have to get the dark brown which is fine, I like that color.  Thanks for the heads up.  About that vest - it seems to me if a person reverses it and doesn't wear the sparkle side the sparkles may come off from rubbing against the body.  Doesn't matter - I'd probably never not wear the sparkle side!  Thanks for the tip about it, even though it's O/T on my LOGO thread LOL  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Trudey  Are you getting the Rivers vest?

I see those chiffon cardis on AS IS every now and then, so it pays to wait to replace yours that are too big now.  Problem is, you can't really choose the color since the As Is selections are so limited.  But those do show up on As Is.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee. I did order the vest....but don't tell anybody Heart

What are your favorite colors in the chiffon cardigan?  As much as I love black, I would like to get something more colorful.  I had black and chamomile in XL.

Respected Contributor

Oh No!!! I just saw that the chiffon cardigan is on 5 easy pays.  I love the Parisian Blue and the Maple.  @Pearlee Wouldn't those colors be pretty over our mixed media tops???  I need to resist, but not sure I can.

@Pearlee wrote:

@Trudey  Are you getting the Rivers vest?

I see those chiffon cardis on AS IS every now and then, so it pays to wait to replace yours that are too big now.  Problem is, you can't really choose the color since the As Is selections are so limited.  But those do show up on As Is.