Respected Contributor

@islandgrrl @Pearlee  I hope we all love our new coats.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee I too am nervous that the models didn't look swamped in the coat.  But, again, if the measurements they provided are correct, it should still fit generously even sizing down one size.  Oh well, we'll see when it gets here! 

Honored Contributor

@Trudey wrote:

@islandgrrl @Pearlee  I hope we all love our new coats.

LOL - yes, both of mine!  OY! 

Frequent Contributor
My indecisiveness got the better of me tonight so I missed out on both the coat and the OTO which I even had in my cart but lost track of the time and now it's gone Smiley Sad I've been buying so much lately, in fact I just gave in last week and finally ordered Lori's last amazing striped top, and was feeling a little guilty ha. I hope they get more in soon. I look forward to hearing your reviews, ladies.
Respected Contributor

Re: LOGO SHOW 11/9

[ Edited ]

@Trudey @Pearlee

I found this Kate Spade at Nordstrom. Same one button, drop shoulder style. 

image.jpeg

ETA sorry the pic is so small. Couldn't figure out how to make it bigger on my iPad. Price tag isn't small though!

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Trudey wrote:

@kzjohnson. LOL...I can just picture you in a battle with your clothes.

I'm betting the clothes always win!  Smiley Happy

@Trudey, @Pearlee...  if you take the bet on the clothes, you are a winner.  That "stupid" long hi-lo tunic....  Love it, have it in 5 colors, but the pockets are so low that they catch on my kitchen cabinets!  Can't tell you how many times I've been snapped back when the pocket gets caught up on the cabinet knob.  Not a pretty sight! Smiley Tongue

Congrats on those who got the coat.  Lovely, but I have 4 plaid coats right now so I passed.  I had to giggle a little over the "drama" of picking a size. Smiley Happy

When in doubt, bigger is better, especially with a coat....that's my motto.  I'm hoping the sizes you all selected work out for you!

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl  I'm thinking the coat in the photo isn't as cool as LOGO because I'll bet the back has the same pattern as the front. I love that Lori made the back different!

@kzjohnson  Just take the handles/knobs off the kitchen cabinets!  You must have your priorities straight you know.  Look cute and chic, or be able to open cabinets?  No brainer choice!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Was at Macy,s yesterday and so tempted with the beautiful tops and pants, but have enough clothes I don,t wear now, so passed.  I have sent back more Logo than I have ,(about 8 + pieces).

The young lady behind the EL counter was beautiful, but had on a huge poncho like sweater, I think IM had one on TSV, her long hair a bluish grey, like mature ladies didn,t want back in the day.  Her make up beautiful, but very dramatic.  At least she had a nice makeup job, because most that have been behind the counter do not in this Macy,s.  The hair color and poncho sweater while in style did not look good on her age.

Proberly hid a cute figure.  Just like the models on LOGO.  See them on other shows and they look beautiful, especially JACKIE, but horrible in logo.  It,s not just Logo, it,s some of the styles to make women look less than today. Everything huge, like we are trying to hid our bodies, yet the ladies that are PG are wearing glove dresses.  Go figure.  Why the tent tops?

Respected Contributor

Re: LOGO SHOW 11/9

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee  I think you are right that the Logo coat is more 'interesting' in terms of the plaid pattern itself.  The Kate Spade coat has an even pattern all the way around.  What struck me (and it is hard to tell from my tiny pic) is that the styles of the coats are really similar with the drop shoulders and minimal buttons.  Amy made a point during the presentation to say that fewer buttons were a trend.

I must say that while I like Amy and Lori, I thought their presentation of this coat was lacking.  They spent more time styling it than talking about the details.  And given how big the measurements are, I was frustrated that they did not address fit.  This isn't an standard LOGO piece that the audience is acquainted with.  Fingers crossed we get coats that fit as we hope.

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

I thought their presentation of this coat was lacking.  They spent more time styling it than talking about the details.  And given how big the measurements are, I was frustrated that they did not address fit.  This isn't an standard LOGO piece that the audience is acquainted with.  Fingers crossed we get coats that fit as we hope.

@islandgrrl  Excellent comment.  I totally agree with you.  This is where QVC could use some improvement and common sense about its presentation.  And as I stated above, the showing it open or draped over shoulders certainly didn't help.  I was hoping for a comment about "size down" or some clue that never came.  I would love to see a more experienced host do this show.  I think Leah would have been better about giving particulars or telling us the fit is different than the regular QVC fit. 

By the way, I own that white (actually I think it was called alabaster) french terry LOGO scarf they showed with the coat, and also the black one!  So since one of my two coats should fit right, I'm all set.  Smiley Happy  

Wouldn't be a disaster if the coat looks terrible on me and I have to send back TWO coats?