Honored Contributor

A268923 in the deep orchid

I can't remember which show this top was on because I didn't order it then.  I ordered it only recently, it came yesterday and I just tried it on.  I love, love, love it.  Not quite as much as the mixed media top in macrame and eclipse (you regulars know the one I mean) but I think I like this second to that.  Because.....(1) my size medium fits as if  it was custom made for me, an absolutely perfect fit, (2) the French terry used is extremely soft and comfortable.  Like a baby blanket .  I love having this on my body, (3) the length is perfect for me as is the flair at the bottom; not to long and not too short and not too much flair or too little, and (4) it's really cute and the panels are very flattering (but not as cute as mixed media because it doesn't have as much visual interest).

Respected Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

It's a great coat, though the sleeves are long.  Bought my size small and I like the dropped shoulders.  It's comfortably ample on top, and narrows towards the hips.  There is a broad white spot on the lapel on mine, which would have been more attractive if it were darker.  Up to chance!  

Luck be a lady tonight!

Your description of the coat matches my figure: 'ample on top, narrows toward the hips'. Cat Tongue It is amazing that some folks have received theirs already.  Mine hasn't even shipped.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee  I'm glad you love your new top.  I have it on my wishlist in the same color you got.

Honored Contributor

Re: LOGO SHOW 11/9

[ Edited ]

@Trudey wrote:

@Pearlee  I'm glad you love your new top.  I have it on my wishlist in the same color you got.

@Trudey  I'm kinda glad the black (which people are posting is really charcoal) was sold out in my size, forcing me to get that deep orchid. It's pretty and different and I like how it goes with the leopard godets.  I was glad I was forced to try a color I probably wouldn't have ordered.  I don't like that top nearly as much in the gray choice - it looks a lot more casual and like a sweatshirt in that color IMO.  

I have a pair of really cute Betsy Johnson (I detest much of her jewelry but love a few pieces of it!) leopard earrings that I plan to wear with that top.

Thanks for your post, and I really hope yours comes in for you - I think you'll like it.

The comfort factor is the best part.  

I'm off to make a cup of coffe to stay up for tonight's show!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Pearley for your suggestion on the Cuddl Duds scarf, looks like it would be a nice compliment to the coat.  Just what I need -- another scarf!

Islandgirrl - The drop shoulder just gives it a larger look on top.  It's just something different, which is a good thing.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu  You are welcome. Smiley Happy   I'm glad you agree it's a good match, since you have actually seen the coat in person!

@Trudey  @MaggieMack

A271141  New item - I'm thinking of getting it in the macrame.  I have the macrame French terry scarf and how cute would this be over our macrame mixed media top.  Esp. in spring!  I have this in my cart.  Holy cow on the price though. I've bought this same jacket with a chiffon ruffle and I thought it was expensive then in the high-$60s - like $67 or something like that, and chiffon is more expensive than the Fr. terry used for this "ruffle" (on the cheap!).   

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee  I think that would look fabulous!  I love the new jacket.  How is the length on the jacket you have with the chiffon ruffle? The prices are out of control, but I guess as long as we are buying, they'll keep going up.

Honored Contributor

Re: LOGO SHOW 11/9

[ Edited ]

@Trudey  Here is the one I have: A240183.  I haven't yet compared measurements to the other one (feel free).  The new one looks shorter in the photo, but again the measurements will tell.  I haven't worn the one I hvae in a while so I'll need to consult the measurement chart because offhand I'm not remembering.  And I was right - it was $69.50 and the chiffon is more expensive to do than the layer of Fr. terry, as I stated already.  

Mine has been around for a long time.  The maple was new this year and my soft pink one isn't even offfered any more (I also have the sage green shown - got them at different times). 

I think I'm going to get the macrame one; EZ  pay helps and isn't offered that often on her things.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee, I do like that jacket in the Macrame color. Alas, I put myself on an austerity plan because my closets are bulging at the seams! I need nothing! I won't be watching tonight because I will be watching one of the high school championship football games that a friend's son will be playing in. But I hope you all have fun!

@islandgrrl, I saw you mentioned me in one of the shopaholics threads this morning, lol, lol lol! I've never joined those threads since they seemed to have a well-established group. I should be on there, though! Haha. Just wanted to let you know that I did buy Halston A271080, long sleeved turtleneck in the granite when it was on sale for $28 and love it. Scrumptious fabric, got my usual XS and fit is perfect. A perfect staple. Just lovely.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@Trudey  About that macrame jacket that may be on tonight...talking about my older one(s) reminded me of something.   Mine are both very roomy.  They are in my size medium but I remembered after I tried the first one - and kept it - I debated going down a size on the second one.  I ended up sticking with my size med. - which is generous - because I knew I'd pretty much always wear it as a jacket with something underneath it and I wanted the room to do that.   Having remembered that, I just looked at the sizing chart for the macrame one and it too looks roomy.  I probably could wear the small given the measurements but I don't want to chance that, and I do want to be able to comfortably wear my mixed media top underneath it.  Just know that my two I have with the chiffon trim are very roomy, what I'd say "slightly larger than expected" when reviewing it for sizing.

Do look at the sizing chart if you will order it.   I you are going to lose much more weight you might want to think about whether to order the Large or not.