Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,707
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: LOGO SHOW 11/16

I didn't buy anything either.  Amy really annoyed me tonight, so I ended up muting the television.  She does this little sing-song talk that distracts me from looking at the Logo pieces.  Anyway, nothing appealed to me, but for those of you who ordered...I hope you love it.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 743
Registered: ‎08-12-2012

Re: LOGO SHOW 11/16

Denim and Company has a top simular to this.  I have two of them, one in fall pink and the other in red.  Very close in looks, pockets and all.

The D&C ones wash well, keeps their color and they don't look like some bag ladies clothes. Oh, and the price is less.

Can't beat D&C in some items.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 26,295
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: LOGO SHOW 11/16

I ended up liking that french terry top but call me cheap, I thought that price was crazy.  I also thought the price for the top Amy was wearing was ridiculous.   I didn't like it anyhow but geez that price. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 25,819
Registered: ‎06-11-2011

Re: LOGO SHOW 11/16

[ Edited ]

@LipstickDiva wrote:

I ended up liking that french terry top but call me cheap, I thought that price was crazy.  I also thought the price for the top Amy was wearing was ridiculous.   I didn't like it anyhow but geez that price. 


@LipstickDiva  I think some of the expense in those cotton cashmere sweaters like the one Amy was wearing is for the cashmere. That waffle weave cotton cashmere is extremely soft and warm - it feels divine and is much higher quality that a lot of other  attempts at similar fabrics that which  I've tried on locally.  That and of course it sells out so if QVC can get that price , why not, being a for-profit company.

 

As for the French terry top, i certainly would not call you a bag lady had you ordered and worn it.  How very insulting and insensitive a comment to make to those on this board for whom that top had appeal and who would purchase and wear it.

Highlighted
Super Contributor
Posts: 295
Registered: ‎03-28-2014

Re: LOGO SHOW 11/16

I didn't buy anything either.   That cotton cashmere top was too long and without godets would be too tight.  If it looks long and snug on Amy (who is around my height) I know it won't work for me.   I almost pulled the trigger on the new cowl neck but the pockets looked awkward as the models put their hands in them.  I think a couple extra inches in length would have made it much better.  

 

Oh well, I'll be looking forward to seeing Thursday's offerings. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,616
Registered: ‎10-01-2014

Re: LOGO SHOW 11/16

@Pearley, I think you were chastising @LipstickDiva about the "bag lady" comment when it was really JCF who made that comment. You might want to check . . .

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor
Posts: 26,295
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: LOGO SHOW 11/16

[ Edited ]

@Pearley wrote:

@LipstickDiva wrote:

I ended up liking that french terry top but call me cheap, I thought that price was crazy.  I also thought the price for the top Amy was wearing was ridiculous.   I didn't like it anyhow but geez that price. 


@LipstickDiva  I think some of the expense in those cotton cashmere sweaters like the one Amy was wearing is for the cashmere. That waffle weave cotton cashmere is extremely soft and warm - it feels divine and is much higher quality that a lot of other  attempts at similar fabrics that which  I've tried on locally.  That and of course it sells out so if QVC can get that price , why not, being a for-profit company.

 

As for the French terry top, i certainly would not call you a bag lady had you ordered and worn it.  How very insulting and insensitive a comment to make to those on this board for whom that top had appeal and who would purchase and wear it.


I'm not being argumentative with you but the cashmere content is only 5% which to me is negligible.  They might as well have left it out.  I bought one her her cotton/cashmere sweaters that was a TSV, it's on clearance right now for around $44.00, and I didn't think it was nice at all and in fact never wore it.  Now I can't remember if I sent it back or just donated it because I got mine from as-is.   

 

As for your second paragraph, color me confused.  I didn't use the term bag lady?????? 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,394
Registered: ‎12-22-2013

Re: LOGO SHOW 11/16

[ Edited ]

Now that I've bought three cotton cashmere logos, I still prefer all cotton because of the itch factor.  But I've been wearing her rayon spandex exclusively, rather than cotton!  I'm not a layerer, but wore the spruce poncho over the spruce/velvet top, which worked due to air circulation.  And it looked and felt good!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,921
Registered: ‎06-12-2013

Re: LOGO SHOW 11/16


@LipstickDiva wrote:

@Pearley wrote:

@LipstickDiva wrote:

I ended up liking that french terry top but call me cheap, I thought that price was crazy.  I also thought the price for the top Amy was wearing was ridiculous.   I didn't like it anyhow but geez that price. 


@LipstickDiva  I think some of the expense in those cotton cashmere sweaters like the one Amy was wearing is for the cashmere. That waffle weave cotton cashmere is extremely soft and warm - it feels divine and is much higher quality that a lot of other  attempts at similar fabrics that which  I've tried on locally.  That and of course it sells out so if QVC can get that price , why not, being a for-profit company.

 

As for the French terry top, i certainly would not call you a bag lady had you ordered and worn it.  How very insulting and insensitive a comment to make to those on this board for whom that top had appeal and who would purchase and wear it.


I'm not being argumentative with you but the cashmere content is only 5% which to me is negligible.  They might as well have left it out.  I bought one her her cotton/cashmere sweaters that was a TSV, it's on clearance right now for around $44.00, and I didn't think it was nice at all and in fact never wore it.  Now I can't remember if I sent it back or just donated it because I got mine from as-is.   

 

As for your second paragraph, color me confused.  I didn't use the term bag lady?????? 


None of us are allowed to not like it or we get the wrath. The obsession is weird.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 25,819
Registered: ‎06-11-2011

Re: LOGO SHOW 11/16


@LipstickDiva wrote:

@Pearley wrote:

@LipstickDiva wrote:

I ended up liking that french terry top but call me cheap, I thought that price was crazy.  I also thought the price for the top Amy was wearing was ridiculous.   I didn't like it anyhow but geez that price. 


@LipstickDiva  I think some of the expense in those cotton cashmere sweaters like the one Amy was wearing is for the cashmere. That waffle weave cotton cashmere is extremely soft and warm - it feels divine and is much higher quality that a lot of other  attempts at similar fabrics that which  I've tried on locally.  That and of course it sells out so if QVC can get that price , why not, being a for-profit company.

 

As for the French terry top, i certainly would not call you a bag lady had you ordered and worn it.  How very insulting and insensitive a comment to make to those on this board for whom that top had appeal and who would purchase and wear it.


I'm not being argumentative with you but the cashmere content is only 5% which to me is negligible.  They might as well have left it out.  I bought one her her cotton/cashmere sweaters that was a TSV, it's on clearance right now for around $44.00, and I didn't think it was nice at all and in fact never wore it.  Now I can't remember if I sent it back or just donated it because I got mine from as-is.   

 

As for your second paragraph, color me confused.  I didn't use the term bag lady?????? 


@LipstickDiva  and @MaggieMack   I'm sorry my bag lady comment didn't come across as I intended. It wasn't directed towards LipstickDiva at all. When she said, "call me cheap...." about the Fr. terry top, I laughed to myself.  I was trying to make a point to the poster who did use the term "bag lady" to describe LOGO clothes.

.  

I meant it in this sense after LD said "call me cheap" --- "OK I'll call you cheap [if you say so] but I'd never call you a bag lady for wearing LOGO" .  I knew LD didn't make the bag lady comment. I was just trying to make the point using her context that "bag lady" to describe LOGO clothes is in sensitive given people here wear them.   It's a case of I knew the point I was making, trying to use LD's context of calling her cheap, but failed in making it!   Sorry!