Honored Contributor

Re: LOGO NO GO!

[ Edited ]

@redngold wrote:

Yet another thread to bash LOGO.

No one is making you watch, right?   I mean, no one is forcing you to watch, so that you can then come here and create a thread to complain about it, right? 

Yep. Haters will be haters.  A shame really to get jollies by knocking something others like, just because it's not one's own taste.  Smiley Sad    Or maybe they just don't get the same enjoyment from clothes that we do from our LOGOs.

Trusted Contributor
No one is making you read this thread either! If you are sensitive about people posting on a fashion forum about one of your favorite designers maybe you shouldn't read a thread about one of your favorite designers. It clearly was posted LOGO NO GO.....so you must have known it would be a thread about not liking the product....so why click on it? You can't force someone to like your brand and if your sensitive to people randomly posting about it and it hurts your feelings...please try not to read those threads.
Honored Contributor

@NativeJax wrote:
No one is making you read this thread either! If you are sensitive about people posting on a fashion forum about one of your favorite designers maybe you shouldn't read a thread about one of your favorite designers. It clearly was posted LOGO NO GO.....so you must have known it would be a thread about not liking the product....so why click on it? You can't force someone to like your brand and if your sensitive to people randomly posting about it and it hurts your feelings...please try not to read those threads.

Yes, it was - a little slogan I've seen on the board before....

I'm not forcing anyone to like a brand of clothing.  Please quote me where you think I have done that.   I didn't say it hurt my feelings - I said it's rather insensitive of people.

There are many ways of saying something to make a point - it needn't be done in a way that insults people who do wear the clothing,. need it?  Or maybe that's hunky dory with you.  I am not  a bag lady, nor do I dress to look like one.   While the remarks about the "bag lady" clothes do not hurt my feelings, I think they are unnecessary and "cloddish" and frankly speak more about the insensitiviy of the poster posting them than in any way hurting my feelings.   In addition to this subject of LOGO being a NO GO has already been beaten to death here, and I haven't even been here that long!

Trusted Contributor
There will be repeated posts because people join daily, might rarely post or maybe they finally decided to post..... What ever the reason is....I still encourage those who engage on forums to discuss likes and dislikes.....it is still just a suggestion to not read posts that might not favor your house designer...
Respected Contributor

@kpal wrote:

Clearly, people like her style but I think everything Lori Goldstein creates is the same and looks like a bag woman!  Just don't understand why everything is over sized, baggy, with uneven hems and and pointed fronts.

Clearly, you're correct.  You don't have to understand her style nor the people that purchase her items.  That's why they call it a "style"  --  different styles for different folks.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

I totally understand the criticism of this line.  It's because of the ridiculous presentations, along with some very unflattering hemlines, BUT I love layering in a more conservative way.  I order from this line every now and then.  Only straight hemlines, so it's not often.  If I made my clothing decisons based only on what is shown on those shows, I would never make a purchase.  The vendor with this line usually looks like a clown.  Sorry, but that's what I see on my tv. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: LOGO NO GO!

[ Edited ]

I work and lived in NYC and I never saw anyone walk around in Logo clothing. I live in central NJ now "NOT A SMALL TOWN" and I never see anyone walking around looking like that. Even my teen girls that are very stylish do not wear that clothing.

Esteemed Contributor

@NativeJax wrote:

Very well put. If you can't  take the heat get out of the kitchen.

Trusted Contributor

@NativeJax wrote:

BEST post on this thread! It's amazing how women get SO defensive when people on an ANONYMOUS board don't like certain designers clothing. It makes for a GREAT laugh!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

I work and lived in NYC and I never saw anyone walk around in Logo clothing. I live in central NJ now "NOT A SMALL TOWN" and I never see anyone walking around looking like that. Even my teen girls that are very stylish do not wear that clothing.

Where I live, I also have NEVER seen anyone walk around in LG's bag lady clothing, and I don't live in a small town.