Honored Contributor

Re: LOGO LOOK: UNKEMPT

[ Edited ]

@January121 wrote:

I've said it before & I'll say it again .... Clown Clothes!!!

A trained eye can differentiate between "clown" clothing and a silhouette that is just different than standard classic clothing. We all need to realize that fashion is not about just wearing clothing in our comfort zone. Women who truly love fashion are willing to accept fashion that may not be necessarily what we would enjoy wearing but have no compulsion to downgrade or insult others who do.

Regular Contributor

Sooner:   How did you know I was older? 😊 Lol!  You've got a good point, we've done some very strange things in the name of fashion over the years. I think those huge shoulder pads they used to put in clothing had to have been the worst. We looked like football linebackers! 😳  Anyway, I really do love many pieces in the Logo Lounge Line, just not her other lines.(to flimsy). I especially like item A263297 (vest) and item A275801 (shirt). I have these in every color. 

Trusted Contributor

@Bhvbum

"ongoing campaign"? Good grief.

Honored Contributor

@Zefra wrote:

Kachina624: This is an opinion forum and everybody's opinion matters, not just those  who think today's Special Value is wonderful. I hope those who love the Logo Line share their thoughts as well as those who don't. Isn't that what makes the world interesting is that we all don't think alike. 

************** Zefra..... While everything you said above is true ......there is a gentler way of espressing a negative opinion without offending those with a positive opinion of a product.  "Strange, just plain sloppy, 20 oversized handkerchiefs".......   (your words).  Isn't that a little overkill?  It may describe how you really feel about it but  couldn't you have said, "They are just a little too different for me.....too flowy... not fond of the jagged hems.......not my style". Any of these would have expressed what you think and been more considerate of the many here who do like said product.  Just my thoughts...... If you really want to "keep the peace".

Frequent Contributor

Since today's tsv is coming from the Logo line I decided to make a second cup of coffee with a slice of chocolate babka from Trader Joe's and sit at my computer and look for the negative Logo headline in Forum topics.  And I wasn't disappointed!  "unkempt" she says!  I am having a good laugh!  First a disclaimer - I am a Logo fan!  I don't care for all Logo pieces, I don't layer all the time and I don't mix prints.  And folks, that's what I love about Logo - you make it your own style.  There are no rules - you don't have to put 5 layers of clothing together.  Another disclaimer - I am in my early 70s and I'm now retired.  I don't need classic structured clothes but then the last few years I worked I no longer wanted to wear heels and suit type jackets and skirts with zippers and buttons, etc.  I wanted comfort but I also wanted to look good.  And Logo fit the bill.  I made it my own.  And guess what, I never looked like a clown even when I would layer!  If you don't like a line of clothing then don't watch the presentations.  Obviously, there are some who secretly would love to try Logo but are afraid they may like it and then they couldn't make disparaging remarks.  For those sad people who love to do put downs and compain - life is too short.  Enjoy life and look for the positive in all you do!  For me, I'm a happy person and my clothes are a part of that!  Have a great Logo day to all!  Lol

Regular Contributor

Jubilant: I'm so glad we have different ways of expressing our opinions about clothing.

I truly appreciate the way you wish to express yours, but mine is different. When people give descriptions like "clown clothing", sloppy"...etc, they are describing the clothing, not the people wearing them. If people take offense to people not liking what they like or it makes them feel self conquence about wearing it, they are not secure enough with their own opinions and likes.

Valued Contributor

Having read this thread, I have to admit I've been guilty of bashing clothing lines and their presentations.  Ill stop.  I wouldn't want to try to come up with new adjectives to get my point across.

I think the line is actually cute, it's all about the styling.  I wouldn't suggest wearing three tops at the same time.  That's when you get the bag lady look.  If you wear three of any line, you'll get that sloppy look.

try sizing down, I think you'll find that a slimmer fit will work better than a lot of excess fabric.  

Her colors are very creative and fun...isn't fashion supposed to be fun?  This is not a lime to wear in a conservative office environment but I do see it for nice weekend wear or a job where creativity is embraced.  

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@Zefra wrote:

Kachina624: This is an opinion forum and everybody's opinion matters, not just those  who think today's Special Value is wonderful. I hope those who love the Logo Line share their thoughts as well as those who don't. Isn't that what makes the world interesting is that we all don't think alike. 

************** Zefra..... While everything you said above is true ......there is a gentler way of espressing a negative opinion without offending those with a positive opinion of a product.  "Strange, just plain sloppy, 20 oversized handkerchiefs".......   (your words).  Isn't that a little overkill?  It may describe how you really feel about it but  couldn't you have said, "They are just a little too different for me.....too flowy... not fond of the jagged hems.......not my style". Any of these would have expressed what you think and been more considerate of the many here who do like said product.  Just my thoughts...... If you really want to "keep the peace".

@jubilant  You hit the nail on the head there - the intention of this threads is baiting, not "to keep the peace."  It's  the thread starters' amusement for the day.  Pretty sad, don't you think?

Regular Contributor

I think January21 said it best regarding Today's

Special Value, and I have to agree, CLOWN CLOTHES!!

January121 wrote:
I've said it before & I'll say it again .... Clown Clothes!!!

Valued Contributor

And I'm certain "unkempt" is just a typo.  Why in the world would someone make fun of that?