Trusted Contributor

I love the frayed leg jeans.  Even Lands End has a pair which sold out almost completely already.  Theirs are cropped.   If anyone finds a nice pair somewhere, let me know.  I prefer blue denim.

Regular Contributor

I love the LOGO line.  I thought the frayed jeans looked great on Lori, but when I saw them on the tall models, I thought they looked too short (flood pants - lol).  I'm the same height as Jacqui.  A pass for me on these.

Honored Contributor

@misschristy wrote:

I love the frayed leg jeans.  Even Lands End has a pair which sold out almost completely already.  Theirs are cropped.   If anyone finds a nice pair somewhere, let me know.  I prefer blue denim.

@misschristy, I loved those LE cropped jeans.  Unfortunately I just sat down yesterday to look through the catelog.  Normally I'm not a fan of the frayed hem jeans but those were cute. 

Honored Contributor

@tammysu wrote:

I love the LOGO line.  I thought the frayed jeans looked great on Lori, but when I saw them on the tall models, I thought they looked too short (flood pants - lol).  I'm the same height as Jacqui.  A pass for me on these.

I didn't like them on Sharon either.  I wonder if maybe it was the shoe choice?

Honored Contributor

the fraying is probably the only 'distressing' that I like.

I have a jean jacket with fraying on the cuffs and hem.

It's a much better look than the let out hem!

Honored Contributor

I have some "spare" jeans ... it's easy enough to fray the hem.  Going to try it on a pair of my white ones.

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

the fraying is probably the only 'distressing' that I like.

I have a jean jacket with fraying on the cuffs and hem.

It's a much better look than the let out hem!

Some out there are a combination of the two. The Lands' End version (which looks cropped), for example, has a let down hem with a bit of fraying at the bottom. The Talbots version (also cropped) is called a "frayed-hem crop," but there really isn't much fraying, and the hem is let down as well. I've ordered the Talbots version and am crossing my fingers that they fit!

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I have some "spare" jeans ... it's easy enough to fray the hem.  Going to try it on a pair of my white ones.

@ALRATIBA

It's easy to fray your own jeans hem. You can cut vertical lines in the hem and use your fingers to pull out excess thread and then wash and put them in the dryer.

It's easy to use a seam ripper to undo the hem on jeans and then iron the hem. Let nature naturally fray the bottom.