QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of an unkind comment

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@N8VNYR, Lori Goldstein doesn't set her prices. QVC does. So if you have an issue with the price of something, you should take it up with QVC, not Lori.

I do think it was rather rude for you to say that no one has ever heard of her anyway.  Really?

I agree that QVC sets the prices.  But I think the designer must have some say in their share of the profits.  There has to be some sort of agreement on the split.  So if the designer demands a big "cut", that could certainly make the prices go higher.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@N8VNYR, Lori Goldstein doesn't set her prices. QVC does. So if you have an issue with the price of something, you should take it up with QVC, not Lori.

I do think it was rather rude for you to say that no one has ever heard of her anyway.  Really?

I agree that QVC sets the prices.  But I think the designer must have some say in their share of the profits.  There has to be some sort of agreement on the split.  So if the designer demands a big "cut", that could certainly make the prices go higher.

There is no 'cut'. The designer sells there wares wholesale to the Q at which point the Q marks up the clothing an average of 75%. The vendors make their money at point of the initial purchase; not after retail sales.

If Lori sells 1000 shirts for $1000.00 then that's what she makes. It doesn't matter if the Q sells that same shirt for 30 or 80 a piece; she still only made $1,000.00.

Honored Contributor

Re: LOGO FASHIONS

[ Edited ]

No "designer" on QVC will "demand" a big cut anyway.  If they tried to do that, they are playing in the "big league" and will not be asked back or even make it to their first show.

QVC controls everything.  Being able to show your wares on QVC means, for the most part, you have "hit the jackpot".  Isaac sells thousands of tops in an 8 minute period of time--so does Lori and Susan Graver, etc, etc. etc.  Joan Rivers had other venues to make money but QVC was largely responsible for her making the many millions she did.  I read that QVC was where she made a great deal of her money. 

These "designers" often can't sell 4000 pieces in a years period of time.   They can sell more than that in one showing of their items.  QVC has brought them many many millions of dollars due to their percentages received and has made them very wealthy.  Think Chaz from Wen too--I'm sure he does well in his salons, but he'd probably not be as well known if it was not for QVC.   His sales on QVC probably have fueled his ability to open up more salons and expand in LA.

ETA:   Lisa Rinna recently stated on a show that Harry never has to work a day in his life ever agin...due to her line selling so well on QVC.  She's only on probably 8 times a year so that's saying a lot!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

There is no 'cut'. The designer sells there wares wholesale to the Q at which point the Q marks up the clothing an average of 75%. The vendors make their money at point of the initial purchase; not after retail sales.

If Lori sells 1000 shirts for $1000.00 then that's what she makes. It doesn't matter if the Q sells that same shirt for 30 or 80 a piece; she still only made $1,000.00.

The point is that yes, there is a "cut" even if it is at the point QVC buys the merchandise.  The designers are not doing this for free or for the fun of being on TV.  If Isaac Mizrahi, Judith Ripka, Lori Goldstein value their designs, time, and namebrand, they are going to get a bigger percentage than the average Joe just starting out.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@N8VNYR thought you might want to read this from another poster:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/renata-m-black/lori-​goldstein--on-trusti_b_9563240.html

Excerpt, answer from Lori Goldstein:

"I love this question because LOGO is for all women.
All of us are individuals, all of us have our own way of doing things. I think that is my greatest message I want to get across. I’m not really a designer, I’m a stylist. And I’m a female stylist so I get to wear these clothes. If I have five items, how am I going to put them together? I’m going to put them together completely different than you are, or exactly how you are.
Either way, as long as you’re true to yourself, it’s fabulous. It is for all women and that, for me, is the most exciting part of all of this. I grew up in Ohio, I was not your normal person, especially back then, and you think you’re different than everybody and yet we’re all the same. We have the same desires and we’re looking for joy. How we express it is different, but the ultimate goal is the same.
To have the opportunity to reach this many women at QVC is this perfect alignment for me in my life. QVC is the perfect place for me because I’m so about celebrating all women, and QVC has always been inclusive of all female body types. It’s sort of like I’ve come home. There’s no judgment, we’re just having fun as women."

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

What's wrong with this post???  I liked reading the OP as well as the responses.  Her point was made.  No big deal.  Personally, I don't care who the designer is as long as I can find a value for the style I like to wear.  LOGO isn't my favorite, so I don't really care what the price is.  I'm not the one buying.  If a retailer can get those high prices, why not?   

Occasional Contributor

Why are so many of you angry?
Lori Goldstein is selling her LOGO fashions at another online store, I came across her styles there by accident.  Prices are less than half those on QVC.  I think you would welcome an opportunity to save money.

Perhaps I'm mistaken.

This Forum used to be a friendly community.  I've been away for some time, battling cancer.  On my return I notice this community has undergone a change.  I will no longer pass on tips if this is how they are received.

Honored Contributor

@N8VNYR wrote:

Why are so many of you angry?
Lori Goldstein is selling her LOGO fashions at another online store, I came across her styles there by accident.  Prices are less than half those on QVC.  I think you would welcome an opportunity to save money.

Perhaps I'm mistaken.

This Forum used to be a friendly community.  I've been away for some time, battling cancer.  On my return I notice this community has undergone a change.  I will no longer pass on tips if this is how they are received.

@N8VNYR  If you are referencing Zulily, QVC acquired Zuilily and is in fact promoting it here on this website.  So, in a nutshell, it's the same company and you'll see other QVC lines there too I would think.  If in fact that's the online site you are referencing.

Super Contributor

N8VNYR, I am so sorry to hear that you have been struggling with cancer.  I have had my own struggles with this disease and you will have my daily prayers.  I am also sorry that you have run into the trolls of the boards, those people who have nothing better to do than post thousands (each) of vile comments that say more about their own dark spirits than the opinions of those whom they attack.

The thing that gives life its greatest significance is the capacity to care