Honored Contributor

Re: LL Bean Boots Keep Selling Out

When I was in high school and college I had the loafer version of those boots.

In the early days of the Q they used to carry Sporto, and once had a TSV very similar to the LLBean boot pictured.  I STILL wear those boots in the snow.  They have to be close to 20 years old.

I don't think they're ugly; they're quirky.  winking (And they keep my feet dry.)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would wear them for function, not fashion. I have a pair of crocs that I wear  when I walk the dog. They are probably the ugliest shoes ever made, but they are well made and do not fall apart when wet. I would wear camo if I ever went hunting, but not because I like the way it looks.

Esteemed Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

I would wear them for function, not fashion. I have a pair of crocs that I wear  when I walk the dog. They are probably the ugliest shoes ever made, but they are well made and do not fall apart when wet. I would wear camo if I ever went hunting, but not because I like the way it looks.

_________

@Iwantcoffee

I agree about functionality.  When dealing with bad weather I want something that works. 

Re Crocs - I used to think they were awful until I got a pair to use as house shoes and garden shoes.  They are the best things - comfortable, supportive, can be washed off with soap and water, etc.  I have the clog style with holes around the bottom so my feet never feel hot and can breathe. Those are my around the house shoes.  I also have a pair with no holes for rain or yard work.  They never leave the house though :-)

Esteemed Contributor

@cotton4me wrote:

I have the mocs in this style.

main, view 1 of 4

I like them for rainy or snowy days.  They're handy to just slip on.

I've been trying to get my husband a pair of their boots but it's been impossible.  I've been waiting for a certain style to come back in stock since last year.  I check each week with no luck.  Since they're hand made they can't keep up with the demand. 

I have this style, too.  They are more than 30 years old and still look like new.  Amazing shoes!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

I have Sperry Topsider Saltwater Quilted Duck Boot from Nordstrom that I love.  It's almost identical to the LL Bean boots you're talking about except the top is different. 

I like it better, mine are red though.  

Sperry-Womens-Saltwater-Quilted-Duck-Boot

Super Contributor

I have 'em, love'em.  In Chicago, I wore them all winter.  In CA, they are on the shelf, waiting for El Nino!