Super Contributor

Re: LL Bean Boots Keep Selling Out

I do own the original LLBean boots in the very muddy mucky PNW.  They are great but I usually wear MUCK Boot slip on boots, so I don't mess with all the laces.  

I don't know how to post a picture, but I saw some PLAID LLBean lace up boots that are very fashion forward.  Can anyone post pic?

Respected Contributor

I just returned a pair to LLB because they were so stiff and hard; they were not comfortable for me.

I was thinking ahead to all the rains we are supposed to get here in Sn. California, and frequently checking on the inground drains we have in one area of our yard that gets flooded.

Honored Contributor

@Helen Bach wrote:

I do own the original LLBean boots in the very muddy mucky PNW.  They are great but I usually wear MUCK Boot slip on boots, so I don't mess with all the laces.  

I don't know how to post a picture, but I saw some PLAID LLBean lace up boots that are very fashion forward.  Can anyone post pic?

@Helen Bach: Do you mean the "Sydney" boots? They're also available in black plaid and brown plaid.

image.jpeg

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

I think I have a pair of the low boots somewhere in my basement.  They are very old.  Folks just have to understand LLBean is a big part of the preppy New England look.  It's a classic and non-fussy way of dressing, very comfy.  Now to see if I can find those boots...

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I would never wear them because they don't come in narrow sizes. Even if they did, I wouldn't wear them. I think they are dog ugly. Really horrific. 

They do come in narrow.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Keep my new UGGS, thank you

Esteemed Contributor

Even if you think these boots are ugly, don't discount LLBean. If you don't have their catalog, you'd be surprised to see how many basic pieces of clothing you likely wear.  Their prices are fairly priced, not cheap, and their garments are high quality.  If you have their charge card, shipping is free.  Don't like what you have ordered?  Return shipping is free.  

Honored Contributor

I have quite a few of LL Bean's water proof boots.  All different styles.

I'm lucky because not only do I get their catalogs, their store is around the corner from where I live.

I pick out what I want out of the catalog then go to the store to purchase.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bean takes returns worn or unworn there is no time limit. they won't take back items with labels or tags removed.  100% satisfaction guarantee.

they have nice doggie beds and stuff for pets too

Premium Fleece Dog Bed Set, Round

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just found out two of my granddaughters want these boots for Christmas.....they won't even ship until January 28. They are handmade so they take a long time to make...wish they had told me they wanted them a lot earlier..and they are worth the money...my grands are in 8th grade and should be able to take these in college.