Frequent Contributor
@Kachina624

In the BIG EASY, it's just a plain old Y'ALL 😉😉
Honored Contributor

Buy a clothes shaver at Target.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Separate your clothes when washing, washing only like fabrics and colors with like. And don't overload the machine.

Turn delicates inside out, and don't wash something that will shed, such as towels or bathrobes, with cotton/polyester blends.  Loose cotton fibers will attempt to bond with a blend and form pills. 

Above all, avoid acrylic in the fabric content.  It will pill for you everytime.

And beware those clothes shavers.  They can put holes in your clothes after too much use. 

Honored Contributor

@GrailSeeker.   You're right, thevworst pilling I've seen has been on acrylic fabric.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

the GLEENER.....everyone needs one!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Hi, @Kimnola! Be careful what you use the fabric shaver on.  I used mine on a fabric similar to liquidknit and ended up with a hole.  The shavers are taking fibers from the garment.  Sooner or later, a hole will develop.

Honored Contributor

This sometime occurs when washers are over loaded.

Honored Contributor

Acrylic sweaters are the worst; they will pill after only a couple of wearings ...cotton/acrylic blends will also pill quickly. If you have a sweater shaver...take a second look at those nice cashmere sweaters at the Goodwill...they may be worth taking home and cleaning up.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@GrailSeeker.   You're right, thevworst pilling I've seen has been on acrylic fabric.

@Kachina624   You must not have had any of the Barefoot Dreams sold at QVC (particularly the dark colors)