Respected Contributor

I don't like linen because I don't like the wrinkled look.  I saw the NEW Denim & Co striped linen blend pants and I do like the look of them.

it is a blend of linen and viscose.  Will a blend of these fabrics make them not wrinkle?  I'm not even sure what Viscose actually is.  Any help will be appreciated.

QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

If you will press your natural fibers with this, they wrinkle much less and stay more fresh looking.

Save on Magic Sizing Fabric Finish Spray Starch Light Body Fresh Clean  Scent Order Online Delivery | Giant

Respected Contributor

Viscous is basically rayon.

Trusted Contributor

It wrinkles less than 100% linen but it does wrinkle.  I have some of these.  They really do have to be ironed after  washing.  But I don't iron them between washings. They are  comfortable in the hot weather.

Honored Contributor

It's suppose to look wrinkled. Call it casual, relaxed attire. Probably very comfortable but for me I get mental about wrinkles on my clothes so I avoid linen clothing.

Respected Contributor

Re: LINEN BLEND

[ Edited ]

Thanks all for your help and information.  I will pass on the D&C pants.  I really don't like the wrinkled look and I don't iron.  You have been very helpful and now I will pass on items that are linen/viscose.  You guys made up my mind for me and made it an easy pass for alot of items.  No more dithering back and forth!

I deleted these pants from my wish list and also deleted  the Candace Brue pants I was thinking of as they are cotton/rayon/linen - all fabrics that wrinkle

Honored Contributor

Viscose is rayon and it does indeed prevent much of the wrinkles you get with 100% linen.  It also makes linen affordable.  But you still do not iron it or use starch or sizing on it because you want that linen look....just not so wrinkly.  I have a linen blend dress that I steam.  

Respected Contributor

Re: LINEN BLEND

[ Edited ]

If you don't like wrinkles on your pants/clothing steer away from linen blends.  Plain and simple, it will wrinkle, albeit a bit less than 100% linen.  Personally, I don't like that 'rumpled' look like I slept in the pants, so for me it's a definite no.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Trusted Contributor

The rayon mostly gives the fabric different drape, which can be very nice. And it is more affordable--good linen is pricey. Fewer wrinkles as well, but depending on the blend it's still linen!

My very favorite fabric ever. I like to wear it, decorate with it, sleep on it, dry my dishes with it...I even had my wedding dress made of white linen! I have an amazing handmade quilt of linen pieces. BTW, I do own an iron, but I'm not sure where it is...