Respected Contributor

Re: LINEA Simulated pearl necklace

@Maxine49 wrote:

The weight is important to give it the right drape---keep that in mind when yo make your decision---the weight has an important purpose and it they were too light, they would just sort of flounder about. 

Yes, the weight is important - these hang beautifully with a luxurious drape that you don't get with lightweight faux pearls.  I have had more compliments on my strand of grey Linea pearls than on any of my real pearls!  

The diameter of the pearls themselves is just right, and you get a very workable long length.  Worn as 4 strands around the neck is fabulous as are the longer styles.  Worn long, perhaps as two strands, you can feel the weight and how they move when you move, perfect.  These are glass, and it's hard to find faux pearls like this anymore, especially at such an affordable price.

Respected Contributor

Yes thay are glass and very good quality pearls. They are on the heavier side because they are 72 inches long which makes them very versatiles. You can wear them doubled, tripled and quadrupled. I love mine and have a few colors.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
I agree that this necklace is heavy compared to other LINEA necklaces, but it's my go-to in the fall and winter. I have seven colors. I returned the burgundy because it was mainly brown and I wanted more red in it.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ladies, thank you so much.  I think I am slow.  I thought we were talking about the double-strand graduated pearls and I could not find a video to save me.  LOL.  Then it occurred to me that I was not reading very well.  Don't laugh. I can be slow.  

I see what you are talking about.   Now does anyone have J296893 and if so can you speak to the weight and quality?  It looks, based on the reviews, that these are great, and I am thinking of pulling the trigger on these.  Yes, you are talking about the very long ones that can be doubled, tripled, etc.  Ha ha.  Laugh is on me.

Respected Contributor

These pearls are weighty but I don't find them too heavy.  I love the sound they make when I move.  I have multiple colors including the burgundy.  Those are a deep wine color.  Louis used to offer the long sleeve turtleneck in a color called aubergine.  The burgundy pearls match the turtleneck perfectly to my eye.  I always get lots of compliments when I wear them together.  Hope this helps.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Honored Contributor

I have the burgundy and the dark green versions. I was so disappointed that there were no companion earrings ordered by the buyer the following year. I ended up using one of the pairs of the KJL Stately studs with each set.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

@JustJazzmom, thanks for the info. I think I will take the plunge. I can't find anything else like these. I would love matching lever back drop earrings. Thanks everyone for your input. I'll use the Linea forum going forward.
Regular Contributor

I have the long strand Linea pearls in just about every color and I even went back to get a second Ivory neckace-- for those times when I really want to channel the "Chanel" look! Yes, they are a bit heavy, but the length is what gives these pearls their versatility and the ability to wear them doubled or tripled with each necklace. I have even worn them with a brooch pinned around them on the side for a vintage look. These pearls are really a treasure.

Honored Contributor

I wanted to add, for those who miss KJL pearl necklaces (I know I do!), the same company they use is the one where these 72" necklaces are made.

I have the double 16" cream colored pearls from KJL and when I got the burgundy ones, I could see the quality was the same.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I have the burgundy version myself.

Please note that it can also pass for brown...it's a brownish, pinky burgundy.

They are VERY well made, quality pearls, IMO.