Honored Contributor

Re: LINEA NOT THE SAME QUALITY IN THE LAST YEAR

Yesterday there was a Linea item presented on Q2 and you could see right through the white top the model was wearing.  I was surprised.

I also agree that some of the designs don't look like Linea at all.  

Trusted Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Ketra   Unfortunately,I have to agree with you.Linea was always a cut above in quality.Not so much anymore.It’s a shame.

Another issue that I have is I am petite .His clothes of late seemed to be geared toward taller women .I’ve sent back several items & have stopped ordering.

@NicksmomESQ  He still has a lot of the older items online which are of great quality. I stocked up on the asymmetrical tanks as they have been on clearance for a while now, however, I won’t be buying anymore of his new fashions. Nothing last forever, and I’m grateful to have so many of his lovely designs.

Esteemed Contributor

I've also been on the Linea Band Wagon for a long time.   I had a ball last fall ...  ordered the sequin pants (superb), two new trench coats (have lost count on the number I now own), the leather knit jackets  (new berry color, caramel and, of course, black ), and the faux suede pants (all three colors).  As you can see, I'm a fall/winter devotee ...

However, I agree with the poster who said the petites are not really petites in the tops ... way too long for me, so I don't buy any ... nor am I a lace kind of gal, so those items don't appeal to me, either ... nor do "shark bite" designs.  Frankly, those items do surprise me, coming from a classic designer like Louis.

But I get my "fix" on his fall/winter collections and hope they continue ...  I don't doubt, knowing Louis, that the quality will continue.

Respected Contributor

I love ❤️ whisper knit fabric, have not noticed any decrease in quality. The jackets of which I have many and many fabrics are terrific. The trench is truly spectacular. These are all from last year, and this year.

My issues with the line is too long tops and sleeves, the same colors used on very many of the tops.

I’m sick 🤕 of returns——- the cost of over $10 to try a top on.

My comments apply to other brands also.

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

I've also been on the Linea Band Wagon for a long time.   I had a ball last fall ...  ordered the sequin pants (superb), two new trench coats (have lost count on the number I now own), the leather knit jackets  (new berry color, caramel and, of course, black ), and the faux suede pants (all three colors).  As you can see, I'm a fall/winter devotee ...

However, I agree with the poster who said the petites are not really petites in the tops ... way too long for me, so I don't buy any ... nor am I a lace kind of gal, so those items don't appeal to me, either ... nor do "shark bite" designs.  Frankly, those items do surprise me, coming from a classic designer like Louis.

But I get my "fix" on his fall/winter collections and hope they continue ...  I don't doubt, knowing Louis, that the quality will continue.

I feel the same way.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I only purchased his long trench coat, leather jacket with knit sleeves, and faux suede pants last Fall, and lace cotton mix pants this Spring, so I can't attest to anything else.  All are very good quality for the price compared to other designers on QVC.

What I'm finding is I like fewer of his newer styles than I did in the past...one of the reasons I only purchased the lace pants this Spring.  Other than his lace pieces, for the most part, he seems to be styling "safe" this past year, nothing too risky that I would call unique.

I did buy two of his excellent quality Egyptian necklaces.

Honored Contributor

Endlessly too long!  I've never purchased from Linea.  That was the reason.  They look more like dresses then tops.  I like short even cropped tops.  Nobody at QVC does them except for Lisa Rinna.  You never see long things like that in mall store.  The line was pretty nice looking in quality.  But they've started to resemble Denim & Co!  I have a small bottom.  Don't need to cover up!  Thank goodness mall stores remember us!

Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Endlessly too long!  I've never purchased from Linea.  That was the reason.  They look more like dresses then tops.  I like short even cropped tops.  Nobody at QVC does them except for Lisa Rinna.  You never see long things like that in mall store.  The line was pretty nice looking in quality.  But they've started to resemble Denim & Co!  I have a small bottom.  Don't need to cover up!  Thank goodness mall stores remember us!

You must have a very small , understocked mall.

Long tops are everywhere. 

I like having choices. Some of my pants require long tops, some short.  I recognize proportion and dress accordingly.