Trusted Contributor

LINEA NOT THE SAME QUALITY IN THE LAST YEAR

I have been a Linea fan since he brought the line to QVC, but I’m disappointed with the purchases I’ve made in the last year. The fabrics are not the same quality. The are much thinner, see through, wrinkly and are definitely not the same quality material he has used in the past. Some of the older items online are still quality, but all the new stuff is  made with cheap material.  Well, I’m now down to one designer I buy from on QVC, Martha Stewart. 

Honored Contributor

Re: LINEA NOT THE SAME QUALITY IN THE LAST YEAR

I am disappointed in the selections. Really awful IMO. If I didn't know it was Linea I wouldn't have believed it. It's like someone else is in control now and bringing out what they think we would like. They've lost the elegance. Frankly, they look cheap.

Esteemed Contributor

@Ketra   Unfortunately,I have to agree with you.Linea was always a cut above in quality.Not so much anymore.It’s a shame.

Another issue that I have is I am petite .His clothes of late seemed to be geared toward taller women .I’ve sent back several items & have stopped ordering.

Honored Contributor

The one and only item ordered "slim pants?" Legs weren't slim. 

Trusted Contributor

I don't agree at all, and I have been buying Linea since Louis first brought it to QVC.

The lace products and those that incorporate lace in the design are outstanding.  The botanical print blouse is gorgeous.  I have first hand knowledge of all of these. 

Pebble Crepe, of which there is much this year, was brought back by customer demand.  It is excatly the same as always.  The same holds true for the Gauze Crepe as is the Moss Crepe.

What specifically do those of you are saying that Linea has gone down in quality are you referring to?  Specifics, please!

Respected Contributor

@Barbara in Virginia   Thank you, Barbara!  Louis' Fall Collection was AMAZING!  The beautiful trench coat, the suede pants, the sequin pants, the jewelry, I could go on and on.

Regarding the petites, Louis has NO CONTROL over what is to be ordered in petite sizes, that is a QVC decision.

His lace collection is beautiful as well as his Shantung jackets.  I am so pleased with his designs and I feel there is no difference in the quality of his designs.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had to send back a couple of items.  Not only were they not cut for a petite frame although they were being touted as petite, but the crepe material was so stiff and heavy.  Not a fan.  

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

I have purchased Linea for years and have noticed no decrease in the quality of the clothing. 90% of my clothing is Linea.

Honored Contributor

@Barbara in Virginia wrote:

I don't agree at all, and I have been buying Linea since Louis first brought it to QVC.

The lace products and those that incorporate lace in the design are outstanding.  The botanical print blouse is gorgeous.  I have first hand knowledge of all of these. 

Pebble Crepe, of which there is much this year, was brought back by customer demand.  It is excatly the same as always.  The same holds true for the Gauze Crepe as is the Moss Crepe.

What specifically do those of you are saying that Linea has gone down in quality are you referring to?  Specifics, please!

Here is one item. Does this look like a Linea fashion to you? It doesn't to me. It looks like everything else these days. I forgot to say, I absolutely love his trench coat. I get LOTS of looks when I wear it and the quality is there. That being said............................

Linea by Louis Dell'Olio Asymmetric Hem Knit Tank Tunic - A254439

Super Contributor

I buy all of my clothing from Linea, except my workout clothes and have always been pleased with the ultimate in quality and femininity!  My Linea Wish List has been so long and I have been just wowed with last fall and this spring’s collection.  The lace is amazing at this price point.  I live in his ponte crop pants and dresses in the summer.  The jewelry has been amazing and I’m so glad that QVC is ordering more this year!  I personally couldn’t be more thrilled and grateful with the beautiful designs and quality that Louis brings to us.