Honored Contributor

Re: LINDA DANO WOULD BE THE PERFECT PM STYLE HOST... IMO!

On 12/9/2014 seaside shopper said:
On 12/9/2014 stevieb said:

I like Linda, but really, her ship has sailed...

I couldn't disagree with you more, stevieb! When one has class, it endures forever.

Class absolutely does endure, but having class isn't the only factor...

Dano might have been a solid choice a number of years ago, but the last time I saw her on-air she seemed off her game. For heaven's sake, the woman is seventy years old and while that isn't old by today's standards, it hardly makes her a viable choice for the rigors of a weekly three hour live TV show.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 12/9/2014 ds said:

I could see her as the PM Host. I think she would be great.

Let's face it, Lisa was no fashion icon. Dressing all in black and wearing jeans is not what I consider a fashion icon.

Good grief. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Trusted Contributor

Ms. Sheppard was a riot selling those wigs. She might be funny selling a Dyson or Sleep Number Bed. I would watch for sure just for her flippancy. But she has a different career path.
Trusted Contributor

On 12/9/2014 rina33 said:

Linda Dano is 71 years old and prolly happily retired.

I see people sometimes use this when I read various blogs

Is it some kind of take on the word ""probably""?

Trusted Contributor

Linda is not a host and is too old for the role. IMO the Q should rotate hosts in the show for at least six months. Whoever sells the most gets the gig. It is important that there not be some cult-like atmosphere around the host. That creates problems no company wants or needs. Get back to selling and not lifestyle emulation.
Honored Contributor

She's not even a host!! Why bring an older former celeb in when you have hosts?? Don't get that one at all!!

Honored Contributor

I don't think she has really wide appeal. I'm older, and she holds no interest for me.

Respected Contributor

Why not just get Tova Borgnine if class is a criterion??LOL. Ok, jokes aside, there is no denying class and classic style endures.Older women are stylish and relevant. But no way is Linda Dano(or anyone her age) gonna host PM Style; just as someone very young (Courtney ) would not be the best choice.There is that sweet spot that can appeal to a wide range of viewers. ...not too old and not too young. Like Goldilocks ......it's gotta be just right.
Respected Contributor

On 12/9/2014 seaside shopper said:
On 12/9/2014 stevieb said:

I like Linda, but really, her ship has sailed...

I couldn't disagree with you more, stevieb! When one has class, it endures forever.

Wow,seaside shopper,you really like Linda Dano.
Super Contributor

Instead of PM Style belonging to one host why don't they alternate between a few and see how that works? I am sure that some of the hosts want no part of it especially the older ones that are on during the day.

This. At the end of the day though, the host of PM Style really is just pushing merchandise and I don't look at them for inspiration. The vendor has to have a look I really want to purchase; the actual merchandise is what influences me to by something. The hosts could be interchangeable to me. (I did like Lisa though and will miss her, but I never thought of her has a fashion expert or stylist).

Here is a thought, let Isacc Mizrahi host it!