Honored Contributor

Have you seen this one yet right here on the Q.  The LBD in a tube no less.  Rocking The Tube Dress.  Watch the video on the many ways to wear this one.

Now that you've seen it, did you order one for yourself? 

Just in time to make it a great stocking stuffer for sure! 

Honored Contributor

Re: LBD ie Little Black Dress

That's quite a dress!   Reminds me of those stretchy pieces that were sold about 20-25 years ago.  I forget what they were called.  Every mall had a shop that sold them.  

And, that's quite a bit of money for a couple of yards of tubular fabric that you can buy for about $5 or $6 a yard .... and about $10 or $15 to have the tailor to hem both ends (or you can hem it yourself if you have a serger or a sewing maching that does a stretchy stitch).

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

That's quite a dress!   Reminds me of those stretchy pieces that were sold about 20-25 years ago.  I forget what they were called.  Every mall had a shop that sold them.  

And, that's quite a bit of money for a couple of yards of tubular fabric that you can buy for about $5 or $6 a yard .... and about $10 or $15 to have the tailor to hem both ends (or you can hem it yourself if you have a serger or a sewing maching that does a stretchy stitch).

@ALRATIBA,

Yes, I know what you are talking about...I vaguely remember clothes like that but they were "modular" and had pieces you could mix and match. They were mostly knits, like a tee-shirt jersey kind. I think they were called UNITS or MULTIPLES or something like that. 

Honored Contributor

I realize I have complained about the q's offerings being a bit matronly but talk about taking it too far in the wrong direction! Who are they really expecting to buy this?!