Honored Contributor

LADIES, PUT YOUR SHIRTS DOWN!

It's getting a little obnoxious when designers are asking the models to lift their tops to show their tushies in Spanx, leggings and skinny jeans. They're making longer tops for a good reason. 

Respected Contributor

Re: LADIES, PUT YOUR SHIRTS DOWN!

I like to see how a garment fits in the rear.

We ALL turn around in the mirror to see what our butts look like in pants.  The same holds true for live models. We want to see the fit.  

Honored Contributor

It's important to see the fit.

Esteemed Contributor

Well said! I was thinking the same thing, although I do understand why it might be off putting to some.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The models don't have any body parts that the rest of us don"t have.  We all have butts and bellies and midriffs.  They do it so the customers have the information we need to make sizing decision and to see how garments are constructed.  If it bothers you, no one is forcing you to look.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

If you feel the need to hide your body that's certainly your prerogative but not all of us are trying to hide the fact that we have rear ends, waistlines and breasts....

This is a good thing if they're showing the fit in the rear. I know I'm often annoyed when they're selling pants but don't bother to show the waistline! I can think of only one model that consistantly pulls up the hem of her shirt to show the waistline of the pant and that's Adrian.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

It's getting a little obnoxious when designers are asking the models to lift their tops to show their tushies in Spanx, leggings and skinny jeans. They're making longer tops for a good reason. 

I totally agree, actually I don't even think it helps when the models show this. I know how Spanx, leggings, and skinny jeans fit and look on me.  

Respected Contributor

personally, i am always thrilled when they show the waistline.  that is what i want to see!  seeing the toosh is helpful but i always feel like seeing the waistline is a must. 

Valued Contributor

@Shanus
I agree, it’s tacky. We all know what’s there.
Honored Contributor

Well count me as one who is very appreciative to see the waistline in the front and the back before I purchase.  That's a critical part of buying pants.  I do not always wear long tops or tunics.  

How wide is the waistline?

Is the lower waistline seam too low, or is there a back yoke too low

so I'll probably feel like my underwear are riding low (I had a pair of pants like that and returned them)?  

If they are jeans, I must see if there is an initial or any stitching on the rear pockets.  I refuse to wear jeans with anything on the rear pockets.  

Are the pockets placed too wide or too high?

Etc.