Respected Contributor

Re: LADIES, PUT YOUR SHIRTS DOWN!

I feel the opposite. I get annoyed when their items are covered up by something else. I want to see how it looks without any obstruction.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Kayell wrote:

Showing how a garment fits in the rear is fine to me but, wiggling and slapping it is inappropriate, IMO.

@Kayell   Ahhh! So someone gets my point. It's not to see the fit of the waistline, pocket placement, yoke, etc. It's the way the women are touched, "smoothed", bordering on fondled, etc. specifically by Renee, Kim G. and the fellow from NYDJ among others. 

Anyone here heard of "Me, too"? 

If everyone wanted to show their behinds in skin tight pants, why wear the longer tops? Be proud and just let us see how the pants fit on your tush. No? That's what I thought. 

The definition of the "Me too" movement is really very different than a designer showing the lines of a garment.

The Me too movement is about sexual harassment having really nothing to do with anyone showing clothing on QVC. If that is sexual harassment, it certainly isn't my definition of it.

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry, but equating the Me Too movement with lifting tops to show a fit is so far off the mark and just serves the movement a disservice.

And now we're faced with "bordering on fondled"?????? I think we have officially jumped the shark.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I don't have a butt, all flat LOL

My butt looks like a Gumby doll mashed flat with a hammer. LOL

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I'm sorry, but equating the Me Too movement with lifting tops to show a fit is so far off the mark and just serves the movement a disservice.

And now we're faced with "bordering on fondled"?????? I think we have officially jumped the shark.

@suzyQ3 

That shark sees a lot of traffic around here.

Honored Contributor

I just went home to grab lunch. I turned on the tv and it was a Dennis Basso show.

All the models were wearing a lovely topper (all the same but for one) tunics, and pants.

They were selling the pants!!!  Finally Chantal, who had tucked, opened her topper...

Does that seem a logical sales tactic?! Shopping channels have live models so we can see the pieces in action, on a real body. I don't think it's a silly request that they show us the complete garment?!

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Kayell wrote:

Showing how a garment fits in the rear is fine to me but, wiggling and slapping it is inappropriate, IMO.

@Kayell   Ahhh! So someone gets my point. It's not to see the fit of the waistline, pocket placement, yoke, etc. It's the way the women are touched, "smoothed", bordering on fondled, etc. specifically by Renee, Kim G. and the fellow from NYDJ among others. 

Anyone here heard of "Me, too"? 

If everyone wanted to show their behinds in skin tight pants, why wear the longer tops? Be proud and just let us see how the pants fit on your tush. No? That's what I thought. 

The definition of the "Me too" movement is really very different than a designer showing the lines of a garment.

The Me too movement is about sexual harassment having really nothing to do with anyone showing clothing on QVC. If that is sexual harassment, it certainly isn't my definition of it.

OMG - outrageous claim! But then, given the source...oh and taunting other posters to show their tush, lol. 

Yes, I too look for fit when watching the shows.Seeing fit on models and descriptions by host and vendor is critical to my buying decisions. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I would never buy pants from tv unless I was able to see every part of them. If all were shown with a blouse hanging over them, I would never purchase.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Just a second thought on my part.

What about women that tuck their shirts in their pants and skirts?  Do you consider that obscene too?

I do not believe that any of the vendors actually touch the models, especially on what is considered private areas.  It may look like it on TV but actual touching?  I doubt it.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

When I take pairs of jeans and slacks into a dressing room at a store, what am I specifically looking for?  how those jeans fit my rear end and hips.  That is the most important fit for me.  So yes, lift those shirts, models!  I want to see how those pants in the rear, where are the pockets, how wide is the waistband, etc.  

I don't like the wiggle-jiggle dance or the slapping.  Ugh.  I change the channel.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt