Honored Contributor

Re: LADIES, PUT YOUR SHIRTS DOWN!

We need to see the fit.  Especially with this kind of garment.  You can always turn your head or cover your eyes until the presentation is over.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

It's getting a little obnoxious when designers are asking the models to lift their tops to show their tushies in Spanx, leggings and skinny jeans. They're making longer tops for a good reason. 

I want to see how the pants fit and I want to see the pockets and placement ON someone.

Sometimes a rear end is just a body part, like any other. 

Trusted Contributor

Th thing that is dumb is that stupid half tuck with tops.  Who in the he-- ever thought of it?  It just looks stupid.  Makes you look like you got dressed in a dark closet.

Honored Contributor

I think it's funny how well trained the models are these days about turning around, lifting their shirts and showing how the pants make their butt look. Samantha the petite model has a great butt, talk about being blessed. LOL

Super Contributor

Them turning around to show us their rears doesn't help as they ALL wear the pants at least 1 size to small.

Contributor

Showing how a garment fits in the rear is fine to me but, wiggling and slapping it is inappropriate, IMO.

Honored Contributor

If seeing pants from waist to ankle on models bothers anyone then a shopping channel is not for you.  B & M stores may be more suitable for your shopping pleasures.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kayell wrote:

Showing how a garment fits in the rear is fine to me but, wiggling and slapping it is inappropriate, IMO.

@Kayell   Ahhh! So someone gets my point. It's not to see the fit of the waistline, pocket placement, yoke, etc. It's the way the women are touched, "smoothed", bordering on fondled, etc. specifically by Renee, Kim G. and the fellow from NYDJ among others. 

Anyone here heard of "Me, too"? 

If everyone wanted to show their behinds in skin tight pants, why wear the longer tops? Be proud and just let us see how the pants fit on your tush. No? That's what I thought. 

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

It's getting a little obnoxious when designers are asking the models to lift their tops to show their tushies in Spanx, leggings and skinny jeans. They're making longer tops for a good reason. 

I want to see how the pants fit and I want to see the pockets and placement ON someone.

Sometimes a rear end is just a body part, like any other. 

@Alison Wonderland   All you mentioned may be able to be shown w/o the touching. 

Honored Contributor

You didn't mention anything about touching in your OP.