Honored Contributor

Re: LADIES....BLOUSES ARE BACK

I've always associated blouses with career/business wear. I prefer more casual clothing for my everyday wardrobe.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY. I feel the same. Doesn't have to be flowy or silky blouse & not fan of big bow at neck (aging & too "librarian style). I even like a linen shirt that's softened from wear/wash, sleeves rolled up, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@151949 Many of the newer blouses I've seen are "no iron"..... and linen is supposed to be wrinkled. I just iron collar...purchase machine washable. No dry clean anything for me.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44. My cleaner will also just press, if you bring blouses or shirts washed/dried. Less $.

Honored Contributor

I have two polyester (that look like silk) blouses with p*ssy bows that I purchased, one from QVC, a LDO, and another from Talbot that require no ironing and are very soft and feminine.  I have noticed when teaching SS classes or doing speaking engagements, men seem more complimentary of me and I think it is because it lends a softness and charm to my demeanor.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday

"A softness and charm to your demeanor"?    okay.

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

I have two polyester (that look like silk) blouses with p*ssy bows that I purchased, one from QVC, a LDO, and another from Talbot that require no ironing and are very soft and feminine.  I have noticed when teaching SS classes or doing speaking engagements, men seem more complimentary of me and I think it is because it lends a softness and charm to my demeanor.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday. Same here...men and women react differently when wearing a blouse. Looks more feminine & more effort put into making outfit IMO than sometimes just wearing tee.

Valued Contributor

I still have my silk Dana Buchman and Ellen Tracy blouses from many years ago and they are still in perfect shape and I still wear them for work and play. Same with my Brooks Brothers shirts.  They are very professional and can also be dressed down with jeans.  The blouse is a wardrobe staple and never goes out of style.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Nonametoday. Same here...men and women react differently when wearing a blouse. Looks more feminine & more effort put into making outfit IMO than sometimes just wearing tee.

There is an entire world of tops to wear between a silk blouse and a t shirt. These are the two extreme ends of the spectrum.

Honored Contributor

They have a no iron line at Chicos that is really nice.  Ten minutes in the dryer, hang it up to finish. Often in ten colors.  One of their best sellers.

LOVE them!

Related image