Honored Contributor

Re: LADIES....BLOUSES ARE BACK

@hopi wrote:

Never knew they were gone.

@hopi

Neither did I!  The stores around here always have had blouses .... I have a fairly good assortment.

Respected Contributor

I have one blouse that is many years old. It's a cotton/spandex blend, princess seamed, pointed collar, 3/4 cuffed sleeves. I love that thing! Any stains wash right out, goes in the dryer and comes out perfect, fits like a dream and is the most beautiful shade of green. I've worn it a lot, and it still looks brand-new! It's so old, I don't even remember where I bought it--it has to be around 20 years old!

Honored Contributor

@vermint

I've said this many times but it bears repeating: Spandex and/or Lycra are the best thing to happen to the button down shirt! Even the addition of the knit panel under the arms works nicely to alleviate the gaping for those well endowed and for just a better more structured fit in general...

Esteemed Contributor

I don't understand why blouses seem to be considered difficult to care,for.  THere are lots of no iron blouses in the marketplace today.  THrow them in the washing machine and then put them in the dryer.  AS long as you remove them promptly and hang them they are wrinkle free.  THere are also blouses made from fabrics that can easily be washed and dried on low heat with no wrinkles.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Nonametoday

"A softness and charm to your demeanor"?    okay.

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

I have two polyester (that look like silk) blouses with p*ssy bows that I purchased, one from QVC, a LDO, and another from Talbot that require no ironing and are very soft and feminine.  I have noticed when teaching SS classes or doing speaking engagements, men seem more complimentary of me and I think it is because it lends a softness and charm to my demeanor.

Yes, I have a somewhat large-and-in-charge personality and a blouse softens that part of me to the audio/video.  The audience tends to respond more favorably to me if I am dressed in a more feminine manner.  My daughter who is soft-spoken and appears more submissive in personality (albeit she is probably more controlling than I) wears men's wear type clothing, which automatically makes her appear more businesslike. 

Esteemed Contributor

I love a soft, feminine, silky blouse with jeans and a sexy pair of shoes/sandals.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ROMARY. I feel the same. Doesn't have to be flowy or silky blouse & not fan of big bow at neck (aging & too "librarian style). I even like a linen shirt that's softened from wear/wash, sleeves rolled up, etc. 

Disagree, the *kitty* bow is making a huge comeback.  I see it on tv news and television hosts wearing them all the time.  Never owned one, but maybe I'll shop around for one for the upcoming Easter holiday.

Honored Contributor

When did blouse go away ?????

Trusted Contributor

I have a closet full of blouses. Wash and wear fabrics. I roll up the sleeves wear them with jeans. Not frilly just tailored.  No prints. I'm older and they look better on me than a clingy tee or knit shirt. I've seen some women all ages on the heavy side and wear tees to tight that it clings to their middle and upper and doesn't flatter their bottom.  Not a good look. I'm not a thin person but I feel the blouses hide my trouble spots and they are feminine. I need feminine at my age!!