Respected Contributor

Re: L👀K Barefoot Dreams BIG DEAL !!!

@rochelleS wrote:

@1Professor 

I'm practically on the edge of my chair with giddy anticipation waiting for the arrival of your new Big Deal hooded cardi!!!

And... (in a hushed tone) have a growing interest in the Mauve Mist color option too. 💣

@rochelleS   *Doorbell!*

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dulwich 

I called BD CS yesterday...I always do with more specific questions. Part of my inquiry was sizing since the Spruce had sold out in my normally ordered sz small...would going up a size be too big? I was assured the fit would work, with the most noticeable differences being in the arms, ie length and slightly more in sleeve width. Oh the garment length gets a bit longer as you size up too. Only half inch longer from a small to medium, etc. 

The fabric is a knit, it can cling and it can stretch. Obviously, the proper size selection is key to a proper fit in any knitted garment.

I think this Big Deal would just fine iwith your size and body shape. Do note the click here measurements too, I use this and not the brand's size charts. Check out reviews on similar BD garments and see for yourself the positive comments from like kinded women. 

Respected Contributor

T minus 2 hours and counting...

(Can you tell I'm excited about the spruce color?  Tried to match my font in honor of it.Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 

I sure hope they'll present the Spruce tonight and not minimize air time because 5 of 8 sizes offered have already sold out. That would be horribly remiss!

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@ Montana 

What size do you usually wear? Perhaps I can help or come on over to the Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat thread and there are many who'd also be glad to assist!

@rochelleS 

I usually wear a Medium. I like around 40 inches around the bust. According to the click here BD chart I would need size Large.

I have never bought BD before.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS wrote:

@IlliniGirl88 

I sure hope they'll present the Spruce tonight and not minimize air time because 5 of 8 sizes offered have already sold out. That would be horribly remiss!

@rochelleS   -  I'm hoping they held some Spruce back for tonight's launch.  It would be a huge mistake if they didn't.  Hope they give the colors the deserved air time too.  I'm now looking at Mauve Mist, which appears gray with a smidge of lilac, but like others, want to see it presented.  Can't wait to hear what colors everyone buys!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS @IlliniGirl88 @Pecky @equss @dulwich @World Traveler @AmericanBulldogMom @Joizz11  + all!

Well. As @rochelleS predicted, both the two missing BD rollneck sweaters AND the Big Deal in Spruce arrived.

I have the rollneck sweater only in black and silver. I upsized to medium for both, then ALSO ordered a large black. I am a slender shorter person (120, 5-4 1/2). Often a small in BD. 

So I felt I was dangerously oversizing. However, I could EASILY have gone with large (wearing now), so comfortable, not really even slouchy large. Keeping all. Hate when they totally sell out and one can't expand . . .

BD sizing remains problematic and challenging.

Now the Big Deal hoodie cardi in Spruce.

Wow. My first ever green BD was the notch collar blazer, in Olive, which is fabulous. The Spruce is also fantastic, but not as deep, if anyone wonders (yee gads greens totally sell out so it's not like someone is wondering whether to order, I suppose).

Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 6.24.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 6.47.23 PM.png

SIZE on the Big Deal hoodie cardi:

I went with SMALL cause I am. Lovely fit, drapes. Adore the pockets, perfect placement.

But could have easily done a MEDIUM, for anyone wondering.

***If I am seduced by the Beach Rock, I'll go medium for a casual cozy wrap look.

Esteemed Contributor

@ Montana 

I only use the Q click here size chart for Barefoot Dream garments. Bust, shoulder, armhole height and sweep are the key #'s that I look for. If an on air presentation looks small or is stated as such, or optional sizing(up) is discussed, that too, is taken into consideration. I do very much rely on the BD fans for size and fit feedback. They've been purchasing/wearing the line much longer than me. Their input has been tremendously helpful. There's another thread where we chat. Do visit!

I like a garment front to meet even if worn more openly. I do layer in cold weather, usually the same weight knit or thinner. I want ease in the arm and shoulder movement. I don't want rear view cling. These garment do have a little give after wearing a bit. Here's the Q size chart. I usually order sm and my bust is 39". I've sized up to med in the pullovers. I like the fit, ease and additional slouch in these particular styles on me. 

I have ordered both a small and med in the Big Deal. They're both still processing. I am looking forward to the on air fit. Just hoping the models aren't wearing too small of a size. That happens alot in many presentations. 

Screenshot_2019-08-14-19-30-26-1.png

med bust 39" lg 41".

Esteemed Contributor

@1Professor 

Totally thrilled hearing everything arrived for you today!!! The Spruce is a beauty. I love the color. Good knowing about the fit and how easily you could size up too.

I already placed the Mauve Mist on check. I'm ready for the show! 

Trusted Contributor

Wow xs beach rock sold out before show. Glad I grabbed mine early