Honored Contributor

Just discovered a new clothing company.  It's Australian.  The name is Ksubi.  This is a cute short  10" inseam  This one is on sale at Shopbop.  They have their website.  The k is silent.  It's pronouned Soobee,   Some cute stuff.  Nordstorm sometimes carries their clothing.  Shorts are 100% cotton

Esteemed Contributor

I'm old and I remember very well that in my youth and 20's we would take our old jeans and cut them off above the knees with scissors.  We called them cut-offs (as I'm sure many of you remember).   Now I see that cut-off jeans have been given a different name and a new life and are now considered stylish.   I also saw some pictures on this forum a day or two ago of a "new" style of short, ragged jeans.  It made me laugh.  

What goes around, comes around...

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I'm old and I remember very well that in my youth and 20's we would take our old jeans and cut them off above the knees with scissors.  We called them cut-offs (as I'm sure many of you remember).   Now I see that cut-off jeans have been given a different name and a new life and are now considered stylish.   I also saw some pictures on this forum a day or two ago of a "new" style of short, ragged jeans.  It made me laugh.  

What goes around, comes around...

Jeans were worn before  the turn of the 20th century.  Cutting off jeans even then appeared since the late 1940's.  None of it is "new"

Esteemed Contributor

What's "new" might be the prices being charged for ready-made cut-offs these days.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

I don't want a logo on my crotch.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

I don't want a logo on my crotch.  Smiley Happy

I think that's what makes them new, unique, and refreshing!

Respected Contributor

looks like a bit of her ginger curry carrot wasabi soup slipped off her spoon into her lap