Contributor

Koos Van Den Akker Dies at age 75

So sad to hear of Koos passing on 2/4/15. I read that he passed away sitting at a sewing machine in his factory. The article stated that he had no family, so the factory people looked after him until his passing. He had been battling colon cancer.

I used to enjoy his shows back in the day, and was fortunate enough to own a few of his pieces.

RIP Koos. Your designs were one of a kind. I will miss you.

Respected Contributor

Re: Koos Van Den Akker Dies at age 75

Sad--he was an odd duck, but I liked his clothes. I wonder if he had that apron on when he died.

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed Koos and his clothes.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

sad. awww. He sure loved his work! Didn't he wear an apron?

Trusted Contributor

I would always watch at least a part of his show. Sorry to hear of his passing. I also bought a couple of his items.

Respected Contributor

I, too, remember Koos. His designs were very different and I enjoyed watching him. It is sad to hear of his passing.
If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

Yes, he was an odd duck, but a very talented man. I still wear some of his reversible jackets, and still get compliments. I guess they really are collectors item now. R.I.P. dear Koos

Honored Contributor

Wow - this is sad news. I too hope he passed with his sewing apron on - doing exactly what he loved and dedicated his life too. He'll be creating beautiful angel wings in heaven. What a visionary he was. Women loved him here when he was on. RIP

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry to hear that. I had several of his pieces andenjoyed watching his presentations. He was one-of-a-kind. The quality of his garments was very good. I remember wearing one of his reversible jackets on a trip to France. As I walked onto the plane, I spied a woman with the same jacket, different color. We looked at each other, smiled, and simultaneously said, " Koos."
Valued Contributor

Liked his things and I am sorry to read this. May he rest in peace!