Valued Contributor

Koolaburra Jacket

[ Edited ]

I ordered jacket A459779. It was too large so I exchanged for a smaller size. Instead they sent me a refund. I told the rep that I want to exchange it but the s&h and tax has to be returned. I still wanted the exchange but she told me that I can't get the tax returned. So if I do exchange the jacket I will be charged twice for the tax. She said upper management will call me back. Told her to forget the exchange that I will order from somewhere else. 

This is the last time I will order from this company.

I forgot to say that I would have to reorder the jacket in order to get it. No exchange.

Trusted Contributor

@DJP wrote:

I ordered jacket A459779. It was too large so I exchanged for a smaller size. Instead they sent me a refund. I told the rep that I want to exchange it but the s&h and tax has to be returned. I still wanted the exchange but she told me that I can't get the tax returned. So if I do exchange the jacket I will be charged twice for the tax. She said upper management will call me back. Told her to forget the exchange that I will order from somewhere else. 

This is the last time I will order from this company.

I forgot to say that I would have to reorder the jacket in order to get it. No exchange.

This is very confusing.

They can't charge you 2x for tax and shipping on an item if it is an exchange.

Honored Contributor

@DJP   Usually when you're refunded it means they're out of the new size and/or color you may now want. If what you want is still in stock they will then send it to you and charge you again.

I believe however if a new one is being sent out, the 'refund' should be for only the price of the garment, they apply the same s/h and tax. 

I agree, it is very weird how they process exchanges here. Not sure the process with hsn.

Respected Contributor

I have never had luck "exchanging" an item for a different size/color.  I always check to be sure the item I am exchanging for is in stock, and be sure to mark the return slip correctly, but regardless, I get the refund instead. 

Not sure if it's just lip service, a scam, or I'm doing something wrong.  But I gave up trying.  If I don't get it right the first time, I just take the refund and tell myself I didn't really need/want it. 

Valued Contributor

@Suzeecat @PINKdogWOOD @sktchy   The exchange didn't work. I noticed that yesterday they had five easy pays and today it's three. I don't trust them to do the right thing so I gave up. Thank you all for replying. 

Trusted Contributor

@DJP wrote:

@Suzeecat @PINKdogWOOD @sktchy   The exchange didn't work. I noticed that yesterday they had five easy pays and today it's three. I don't trust them to do the right thing so I gave up. Thank you all for replying. 

I understand your frustration.

I am now worried about an exchange I requested.  The stone on a Barbara Bixby ring was WASHED OUT.  

I am unable to track any progress on the exchange and neither can customer service. 

I use Dr Dense at this time and I need to just stick with that one item/product.  

Honored Contributor

@DJP   I'm going to say, never give up. Here's what I do when I have a question, a problem, where's my refund - I do a live chat with a rep, every time we work through my concern(s). Everyone I work with is very helpful and professional. I sing their praises - GO Live Chat!. Works for me every time.

If you still have issues I'd go there and chat with someone. They will check out what's gone on and get your concerns worked out. Certainly worth your time.

Esteemed Contributor

Free exchanges is a hoax.  The item must be in stock, but is always "only order of the year. I have only had one successful exchange.  I have always been refunded tax