Respected Contributor

Re: Kohls poor sales numbers

@PinkSunset wrote:

funny thing about Kohls, I go in there once in awhile and think hmmm. maybe I'll find something I like. I have bought a few things there but ultimately I end up returning them. Always.

I bought CuddlDuds socks that were warm and soft, after one washing they completely lost the softness, I bought a Dana Buchman handbag, it tore inside in less than a month, I bought a pair of mittens that appeared to be warm and fleece lined, I wore them 2x and the material on the thumbs wore so thin my thumbs almost got frostbitten.

While they may carry lines that in the past were thought of as high end quality, what Kohls sells is not. The Dana Buchman line is junk, Chaps used to be pretty good, now it's just cheap, then material in the clothes. As for CuddlDuds I think they make cheap things and better quality things, Kohls carries the former.

For me it's just not worth it to go in there anymore. Nothing holds up. 

@PinkSunset  I have many Dana Buchman tops that look as good as the day I bought them. I don't know about everyone else, but I wash almost all my blouses on a delicate cycle and hang dry. My clothes look brand new. If I feel like something needs to go in the dryer for a bit, I will air dry, then hang. 

I've known two people that wash their clothes all together with men's, mixed loads, jeans, etc. then throw everything in the dryer. Their clothes always look like ****** after a few washings. Not referring to you, PinkSunset. Just saying that throwing everything into the washer and dryer these days isn't gonna cut it. A little care goes a long way. I have closets full of clothes of all kinds and they all hold up very well. Let's face it, most of us aren't out doing manual labor and getting our clothes stained. I know people are busy but it doesn't take much to separate your tops and hang dry. I also hang dry most all my pants except for knock around capris, something like that. Most fabrics today are light and dry fast. 

I womder why Kohl's allows such a difference between stores?  I have been in a Kohl's in another city that didn't even seem like the same store as ours. That's a shame. And I do agree that some things sold at Kohl's aren't the best quality.  But I can tell by looking at them and don't buy.  

Honored Contributor

I have always expressed my displeasure with Kohl's here on this bb and have really been blasted for doing so! So it looks like now, the rest of the consumers are beginning to come around to my thinking! Lol. I've always thought that they just sell junk. Unless its a name brand, I won't buy it. When I lived in the big city, I had my pick and choose as to where to shop but the rural area I live in now we do have a Kohl's about 45 mins. away, Maurices and a Peebles store and that's pretty much it for ladies wear. I'm happy that the Kohl's here is a nice, clean store run by very nice people but I still think they sell very cheaply made products. Oh well. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Kohls is a race track design when I hate. Kohls has no help except at the front of the store (registers) so you're on your own. Kohls used to have really nice, well made items (especially furniture), not any more. Kohls played way too many games with their Kohls bucks or whatever they call them; that was the final straw for me.

There is a huge one near my house and during the holidays, you would see MAYBE 10 cars or so? It was never packed, never busy. Husband ran in on the 23rd and said it was empty. The rest of the store in the shopping center were hopping (well, not the mattress store, lol).