Esteemed Contributor

I am convinced that stores can be very different depending on where they are located.

An example is Target. First, I live in the city where Target headquarters is located. I frequent 3 Target stores and they are much like a department store with the added benefit of being able to pick up groceries if desired.

But I remember an incident (a shooting?) that happened near a Target in another part of the country. I saw a picture of the outside of the store and immediately understood how not all stores are created equal and I get when women post that they have no affection for Target.

I know the same can be said for Walmart (I only on occasion shopped at the store in a small town near our cabin and was not impressed). I am sure, however, Walmart stores in other parts of the country are very nice.

My guess is the same can be said for Kohls.

Respected Contributor

I love Kohl's. I've been shopping there for many years. It's my go-to for sweatshirts, work out clothes, sneakers, pajamas . . . among other things. I've found the quality to be very good with the items I've bought.

These days I do almost all my shopping online. Kohl's ships very fast - the problem is actually getting the delivery from the PO. Smiley Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

I've never been a fan of Kohl's. Most of what they sell is junk, IMO. We have a store about 40 miles away. I'd much rather support my local little stores instead of giving my money to the big corporates. Woman Frustrated

@ID2  You sound as though you don't get out much.  Maybe you should try other stores to shop.  There are lots of options out there, try them.

@MoJoV  I like this. You are so right. But at the same time, people like to pretent they are all that, oh how they wish. We know that those who brag are not all that. There is no reason to brag if you got it.

Super Contributor
I read that JCPenny’s was looking to buy Kohls.
Yes, I said JCPenny’s ….. I was surprised too!
Esteemed Contributor

@Fur Dude wrote:
I read that JCPenny’s was looking to buy Kohls.
Yes, I said JCPenny’s ….. I was surprised too!

@Fur Dude  I don't think that JCPenny is looking to buy Kohls. JCPenny doesn't have a Penny to it's name.

There was a Thread here about that and it seems as if the Co that bought JCP is looking to buy Kohls.

Trusted Contributor
I read that weeks ago but other organizations are interested. I doubt JCP will get it. They can’t even take care of their own stores - ours is hideous. I just read last week that another investor is probably going to be the buyer. It said that Kohls investors were told their stock would go up. I’m not knowledgeable about these things.