Honored Contributor

Knit denim jacket at Coldwater Creek

coldwater creek denim jacket.jpg

Coldwater Creek knit denim jacket, comes in 4 colors, this one is called Washed Coral, others are loden, blackberry and medium wash.  Style# 71019.

I think it's really cute, but I have 3 denim jackets, don't need another.

I saw several really pretty things in their catalog, but resisted, so far.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Re: Knit denim jacket at Coldwater Creek

Denim is such a sturdy fabric ... this seems a bit "overdesigned."

E.g. .... chest pockets, waist insert and the edging on the pockets 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is a really cute knit jacket.  I especially like the waist detailing, which looks as though it would help prevent a "boxy" silhouette.  And the vertical seaming is lovely, too.  Nice find!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Love it!

Looks very 1940s/Katherine Hepburn. 

Classic, blending utility & strength in fabric, with flattering feminine lines.

Just lovely.

Super Contributor

I have a knit denim jacket from CWC that I purchased 5 or more years ago. It is similar to this one, nice long length. Mine has snaps rather than buttons. Still looks great and I’ve gotten lots of compliments. 

Honored Contributor

The beautiful new boutique store that opened on the corner.  Women flocked there.  This was several years ago and since then the store has closed.  I found their sizes to be off all the time and a bit overpriced. So now they are on the internet and I will pass.  If you have luck with their sizing, ENJOY.  

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBAwrote:

Denim is such a sturdy fabric ... this seems a bit "overdesigned."

E.g. .... chest pockets, waist insert and the edging on the pockets 

Well, first off, this is knit denim, so I would guess it is softer and less "sturdy" than a woven cotton denim. But really, it doesn't have any more detail than most short, "traditional," denim jacket designs (pockets, lots of seaming, etc.).

Esteemed Contributor

I like the jacket, but sadly not since the mid-90s have I gotten a Coldwater Creek item which fit me fairly well. I've revisited from time to time to see if things have changed, but with each order the fit is worse (for me).  I do like some of their jackets and tops which frequently feature a style touch or embellishment separating them from being something I can get anywhere.  I really would not mind paying a bit more because I would wear these items more frequently, and nothing justifies higher price like getting a lot of wear out of the item.   It's not a bargain if you pay $40 for something and it hangs in the closet.  The $140 item you wear a lot is worth every dollar.  

Respected Contributor

I like the length and waist detail. I don’t like boxy tops.

I also liked several things in their catalog. Lots of pretty colors.

Esteemed Contributor

@Snicks1wrote:

coldwater creek denim jacket.jpg

Coldwater Creek knit denim jacket, comes in 4 colors, this one is called Washed Coral, others are loden, blackberry and medium wash.  Style# 71019.

I think it's really cute, but I have 3 denim jackets, don't need another.

I saw several really pretty things in their catalog, but resisted, so far.

I LOVE CWC...I know I have something in the Washed coral, such a pretty color!..their knit denim is wonderful! I am still wearing things that I know I've had for 10+ years..still look great..still in style. I get their catalogs..but I always wait for their sales..too pricey! Always check retailmenot for coupons too..!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West